wanting to start the special K diet.

Options
2»

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Ive done it b4 and lost 20lbs in 2 weeks. I also worked out 3 times a week for 30 mins a day.

But wouldn't that mean it's a temporary fix????

Lifestyle change is what it's all about.

I have special k about three times a week but,I couldn't make it my main source of nutrition forever.....
  • eford79
    eford79 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been eatting healthy and workingout just thought that i would do something to take some off fast.. then continue with eatting healthy and stuff.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Ive done it b4 and lost 20lbs in 2 weeks. I also worked out 3 times a week for 30 mins a day.
    ...and then put it all back on I'm assuming?
  • eford79
    eford79 Posts: 6
    Options
    until i got pregnant
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Just eat at a calorie deficit and exercise!! Slow and steady wins the race!! Take if off fast and you will put it right back on!!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I have been eatting healthy and workingout just thought that i would do something to take some off fast.. then continue with eatting healthy and stuff.

I understand the urge to do it quickly.

But slow and steady is what keeps it off.And I binged BIG time after I did that one.

I've been at goal for about three years.It took me years to figure out there is no fast solution.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    There are lots of foods rich in potassium. Examples are: Azuki beans, dried apricots, tomato sauce (paste has more per serving), potatoes, acorn squash, Greek yogurt, fish, avocadoes, blackstrap molasses, etc.

I see what you did there
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Cereal just makes me hungrier.
    Whenever I do a diet, I lose but then gain when I go back to eating a normal diet.
    I just switch to healthier eating in general - more salad, protein, good carbs/fat, fruits, etc..
    Something that from day 1 will work, keep me healthy and be something I can do for the rest of my life.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Not until i got pregnant
    alright i understand the want to get quick results, i really do. ive been there but rome wasnt built in a day. if you deny yourself things, the desire becomes stronger and stronger until youve gone completely overboard when the rational thing would have been to eat what you desired but in moderation.

calorie deficit and exercise. it works. and no need to eat cereal twice a day.
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    Hi :)

Here's my opinion...don't start anything you can't maintain for your whole life. Just start eating a balanced diet, log your calories, and be patient. "Diets" never work. :(
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat a sensible breakfast and a sensible lunch along with that sensible dinner? You can do totally rock this weight loss without using a crutch or gimmick. I believe in you.

If you think you just need the structure of a system that you can just plug yourself into, spend the next 30 days doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout, which is free on YouTube. I did it and lost a little weight and a lot of inches. I just ate sensibly along with it.
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I tried it and was always hungry. Oh and I lost nothing..