30 Day Shred - starting today! (10th March)

Options

Replies

• Emmielia
    Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    L3d1 for me, 10 days left and then its on to p90x. Wish me luck!

Good luck lol

D6L1 done and dusted. Started running today aswell :happy:
  • pink_adrenaline
    Options
    Today is day 5 of level 1!!!! Is anyone else doing 10 days per level?
    I am in LOVE. It's fantastic. I was so out of shape and I already feel changes after 5 days.
    DON'T LOOK AT THE SCALE GUYS! Changes really are happening!!!!

I started off with 3 lb dumbells and have already progressed to 5 lb ones.
    I hope to increase that to 8 lbs in level 2 and then 10 lbs in level 3!

Anyone else trying for the same goals???
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 of level 1!!!! Is anyone else doing 10 days per level?
    I am in LOVE. It's fantastic. I was so out of shape and I already feel changes after 5 days.
    DON'T LOOK AT THE SCALE GUYS! Changes really are happening!!!!

I started off with 3 lb dumbells and have already progressed to 5 lb ones.
    I hope to increase that to 8 lbs in level 2 and then 10 lbs in level 3!

Anyone else trying for the same goals???
    Try to do the full series on the 5lb and then re-do it with the 8 or 10lbs. Sometimes we overextend ourselves when we start. Even the idea of doing the same exercise regimen every day requires dedication and it is a mental exercise. Instead of increasing the weight, try to improve on the technique. Then you can do more videos from youtube. Look at the Befit channel, they post a new video every week. they have bootcamp, zumba, thighs, yoga, anything you want.
  • pink_adrenaline
    Options
    thanks for the advice! I completely agree and will do. If you knew me, well I try to do too much and then ultimately give up because I can't meet my expectations. So this time- I will def go for better form and technique and watch the magic happen from the inside out. I needed that! Thank you.
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just started today! Completely L1D1!
  • catrynjenkins
    catrynjenkins Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How is everyone logging this in their exercise diary? I'm going for 20 mins general circuit training.
    I'm feeling particularly achy today but I pushed through it again - although today I followed Anita not Natalie!!
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    How is everyone logging this in their exercise diary? I'm going for 20 mins general circuit training.
    I'm feeling particularly achy today but I pushed through it again - although today I followed Anita not Natalie!!

I am doing the same - 20 minutes of circuit training
  • profesorakate
    profesorakate Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    L1D2 done. Feeling it in my thighs and shoulders! Took pics today.
  • oahubeachgirl
    oahubeachgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    day5L1 today, had to take yesterday off since we were out all day. Feeling more fit!!
  • tanyah2013
    Options
    Count me in! Just finished L1D1! I'm praying it gets easier like a lot of you say! I about died but pushed through it. I've made a deal with myself to complete this and then do the 90 day total body revolution!
  • orangeshadows
    Options
    I just finished day 4 but my stomach doesnt burn afterwards. Is anyone else not feelin the pain afterwards? Also I noyiced I wasnt in tons of pain today like day 1 2 and 3 lol
  • lanakills
    lanakills Posts: 12
    Options
    I did day 3 yesterday and this morning I feel less sore than after day 1 and 2. The muscles are maybe getting used to the effort or our brain is! ^^
  • Kimber3907
    Options
    I would love to join you how does it work I also need some push in my life. I have been going to the gym taking combat when I get finished I feel fantastic. I am watching everything I eat but my weight has not budged. 3 weeks now of diet and exercise.
    Wanted to ask have you had a thyroid test for your tiredness.
  • orangeshadows
    Options
    Dont get discouraged... you are building muscle thats why the scale isnt budging. I bought jillisn michaels dvd thru target, others get it from you tube. Its a quick results kinda program.
  • oahubeachgirl
    Options
    Just finished L1D6 and then did 30 mins on my elliptical! I'm making through it easier except for the push-ups! Can do about 3-4 then I go to the wall and do wall push ups for the rest.
  • stumpycow
    stumpycow Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wall pushups! Why didn't I think of that?!? I can do about 4 knee ones before I start dying!

Finished L1D9, terrified to start L2! Does everyone else imagine her on the recieving end of those punches :angry:

But what I really came by to ask is how often are you guys taking your measurements? Normally, I'd do once a week but wondering if maybe I should wait till the end- I don't want to see little progress and get discouraged. Thoughts???
  • tanyah2013
    Options
    L1D2 done! It was slightly easier today but still hard! I still had to take a few breaks during cardio. I just feel like my heart rate is already pretty high from doing the weights and cardio takes all I have. I'm keeping at it because I know it will get easier.

I've also going to try really hard not to weigh till the endo the 30 days. I am always obsessive about constantly weighing myself. I'm hoping this keeps me from getting discouraged and I think not knowing and wanting to see a loss at the end will motivate me to do my best with both the diet and exercise.
  • tanyah2013
    Options
    L1D3 complete!
  • oahubeachgirl
    Options
    I start level 2 tomorrow!! a bit nervous and hope I can keep up!! How is everyone else doing????
  • pink_adrenaline
    Options
    So I am on Level 1 day 6. I feel okay.. I get kind of dizzy between the laying on the ground doing the chest presses and getting up quickly to do the side lunges (which are my weakest link)........ but other than that I feel the changes definitely beginning to take place. I also made a tiny change, WELL 2.....I am doing planks in 30 second intervals or for the whole 1 minute if I can hold it LOL in place of the regular crunches... I find it burns way more than the traditional ones... and I am incorporating an ACTUAL jump rope for the cardio invisible ones, only because I actually like jump roping and I'm really good at it..but I follow Jillian besides that LOL.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL! ADD ME SO WE CAN SHARE THE JOURNEYS , I'm still kinda new.