During this journey what have you learned about yourself?

Options
I love me, everything about me. I love my drive, my laugh, my committment, my desire to be healthy and whole. I spoke with someone today who couldn't say those things about her self and I was sympathetic. It is important to know that although not perfect, I love me.

I hope that each day you wake you can learn something new about yourself and learn to embrace it. Make modifications if needed, but don't hate you, redefine you. This is what we are doing here on this site, we are embracing who we are, who we were, and making ourselves into the people we want to people. This journey isn't just physical it is mental. It is about controlling the thoughts and emotions that have long controlled you.

Take a minute and affirm your journey with a positive word about the person you are becoming.

I love me so that makes it easy for me to say, "I LOVE YOU"! Each day make a choice that leads to another DAY!

Be blessed!

Replies

• diabloben68
    Options
    I love me, everything about me. I love my drive, my laugh, my committment, my desire to be healthy and whole. I spoke with someone today who couldn't say those things about her self and I was sympathetic. It is important to know that although not perfect, I love me.

I hope that each day you wake you can learn something new about yourself and learn to embrace it. Make modifications if needed, but don't hate you, redefine you. This is what we are doing here on this site, we are embracing who we are, who we were, and making ourselves into the people we want to people. This journey isn't just physical it is mental. It is about controlling the thoughts and emotions that have long controlled you.

Take a minute and affirm your journey with a positive word about the person you are becoming.

I love me so that makes it easy for me to say, "I LOVE YOU"! Each day make a choice that leads to another DAY!

Be blessed!

I really liked what you said!
    1 thing I have learned is that I feel better physically. I don't hurt anymore now that I am exercising daily. That has in turn made me more confident to do tasks that I usually would not undertake!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Be blessed!

^That....

....deserves this....

applause_754962_GIFSoup_com_zps7eee8600.gif
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the positive post. My boyfriend often tells me I'm too hard on myself, because instead of taking pride in what I have done on a particular day, my mind always goes to what more I could have done, what I didn't do, what I only did half-assedly, etc etc etc.

But I am finally learning to respect my body and mind, and to put my needs above the needs of others in my life. I make time for sleep, I plan ahead and prepare for things better so I don't get frazzled and overwhelmed, and most importantly, I DON'T LISTEN TO MY EXCUSES ANY MORE!

There is no reason I can't achieve the things I want to-- the only thing holding me back all these years was ME. And I'm not gonna let my fear of failure keep turning into a self-fulfilling prophecy over and over. This time I'm committed, in all areas of my life (work, school, relationship, weight), I'm feeling better than ever, and I WILL stick with this! :)
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I can't say I love me. I can say I like what I am on the inside (mostly), but I hate the shape (out-of-shape) my body is in and am very angry at myself for letting me get this way. I know this is unhealthy, but that's the way it is. As I lose the weight I think I will be able to be proud of myself and start forgiving. We shall see. Unfortunately I have also had to face down my laziness and that is an ongoing battle as well. It helps that I feel better working out daily so now that I'm doing that again I hope to see some good results.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've learned I'm one bite of a donut away from eating a whole box.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Wow thank you. That's very sweet of you. I have learned that even though I have not made as much progress as I would have wanted, I don't get discouraged easily. I'm always ready to just get back up and keep going. And that's a good thing!

One thing I want to change about myself is that I want to ALWAYS be determined, not on and off, I want to be determined to reach my goals every second of my life and reach them because of that determination.

It's nice being positive for once. Thank you.

I love you too by the way!
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the positive post. My boyfriend often tells me I'm too hard on myself, because instead of taking pride in what I have done on a particular day, my mind always goes to what more I could have done, what I didn't do, what I only did half-assedly, etc etc etc.

But I am finally learning to respect my body and mind, and to put my needs above the needs of others in my life. I make time for sleep, I plan ahead and prepare for things better so I don't get frazzled and overwhelmed, and most importantly, I DON'T LISTEN TO MY EXCUSES ANY MORE!

There is no reason I can't achieve the things I want to-- the only thing holding me back all these years was ME. And I'm not gonna let my fear of failure keep turning into a self-fulfilling prophecy over and over. This time I'm committed, in all areas of my life (work, school, relationship, weight), I'm feeling better than ever, and I WILL stick with this! :)

CONGRATS!!! This is an awesome revelation about yourself. Keep it up, through obstacles and triumphs you have what you need to succeed. You don't need good luck, you just need each day to continue to prove your strength and perserverance.

Be Blessed!
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    Wow thank you. That's very sweet of you. I have learned that even though I have not made as much progress as I would have wanted, I don't get discouraged easily. I'm always ready to just get back up and keep going. And that's a good thing!

One thing I want to change about myself is that I want to ALWAYS be determined, not on and off, I want to be determined to reach my goals every second of my life and reach them because of that determination.

It's nice being positive for once. Thank you.

I love you too by the way!

Thanks for the love back, by the way! It is important that we take the time to see ourselves. Reflect on where we are and where we would like to be. That is a huge part of this process. A few years ago I was able to lose 10 pounds in one month. This time around I did 6 pounds, I could have been discouraged, but I have choosen to enjoy the journey. When I reflect on it, in the past I did what would lose quickly. I have now decided to make this a permanent process, so each day, I try. I win! Each day is a new day to WIN!
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    I've learned I'm one bite of a donut away from eating a whole box.

Hillarious! I think we have all had that revelation. I just give food away these days! My favorite quote, "Someone please eat this for me!" Can be heard coming from my office each Wednesday afternoon when I indulge myself after weigh-in.
  • deemedpriceless
    Options

Be blessed!

I really liked what you said!
    1 thing I have learned is that I feel better physically. I don't hurt anymore now that I am exercising daily. That has in turn made me more confident to do tasks that I usually would not undertake!

Thanks for responding, I am so happy your body is giving you a positive response to your great efforts! Keep it up!
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm happy... like all the time... it's a little weird. people have noticed... idk how I feel about that lmao!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I love you! And I love me! I know! Sounds like Barney.... seriously though, very nice positive thoughts!

I learned that once you achieve your goals, you never forget what you learned to get there. If you fall (for a long period of time), you can still get back up, start over and get back on track. We are resilient!

And don't be afraid to try new things!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've learned that it's not about the number on the scale and that we are all much stronger than we think we are.
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    I have learned that my husband is right...I am beautiful. I have not believed that my whole life and for the last couple of years I am starting to see what he sees.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I learned to enjoy what I eat, and to feel blessed for what I have. I used to eat out of stress and boredom. Gently forcing myself to deal with stress and boredom directly, and to enjoy meals for what they really are, has had much more important effects on my life than just losing 15 pounds.
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post! I am learning to forgive myself for treating my body like crap for 40 plus years and trying hard every day to talk positively to myself and love myself. Sometimes the "oh my I can't believe you're so stupid" slips out...so I'm a work in progress. I'm often better at supporting others than I am myself. You sounds like you have a nice healthy balance!
  • prissygal
    prissygal Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have learned that anything worth having is really worth fighting for, and this race to be thin and healthy is not given to the swift, but to the ones that endure to the end. That being said, I am determine to burst my plateau. I am my best motivator. I lost most of my weight before starting MFP. Now, however, I seem to be stuck, but this to shall past. I love the thinner me. However, it's a fight with me to stay in this war to be thin.
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have learned that as soon as I get attention due to my weight loss that I self sabotage because I want to be appreciated for my smarts and attitude not my visual appearance.

DEEP subject!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I have learned that as soon as I get attention due to my weight loss that I self sabotage because I want to be appreciated for my smarts and attitude not my visual appearance.

DEEP subject!

Accept the compliment. Weight loss is hard, and smarts and attitude are part of the struggle. Your weight loss is a sign of perseverance, self discipline, and even creativity.
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    I have learned that I can't say I love me. I can say I like what I am on the inside (mostly), but I hate the shape (out-of-shape) my body is in and am very angry at myself for letting me get this way. I know this is unhealthy, but that's the way it is. As I lose the weight I think I will be able to be proud of myself and start forgiving. We shall see. Unfortunately I have also had to face down my laziness and that is an ongoing battle as well. It helps that I feel better working out daily so now that I'm doing that again I hope to see some good results.

This is a rather brave revelation. Whether you are aware or not you on the road to great success. We all have to come to this place, it is here that you find the strength to make changes. You have to be aware of what you need to change or modify and if you aren't realistic it never gets done. Don't be so hard on yourself, this life is hard. But it seems to me you are one brave chica! You are here on this site, and you are actively involved in this and probably many other conversations. You are doing what it takes, just keep doing it. And learn to do it with a smile, you love you because other than that you wouldn't even put forth the effort to make the changes. There is always another way to look at any situation. I try to make the choices and statements that are affirming. I believe you are going to do well and get the results you desire. Keep it up!