What kind of tea do you drink?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i had black tea today...to which i added orange peel zest...and grated ginger....and honey ....and a shot of rum.

:love: :love:
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I love all teas. I especially enjoy black teas. I prefer to buy loose leaf tea because it is higher quality. I buy my tea from David's Tea (loose leaf), Teavana (loose leaf), Whole Foods (bagged tea) and Metro(bagged tea). I enjoy flavoured teas like chocolate mint, hibiscus, and earl grey.
  • sun_ny
    sun_ny Posts: 35
    Options
    I drink pretty much every tea apart from ordinary tea, I drink green tea now and again, but my favee teas are the herbal ones and camomile with honey.
  • pixieflitzy
    Options
    Matcha and regular green tea.
  • kshawldo
    kshawldo Posts: 5
    Options
    A large variety- the real question is, what do you do with tea that you bought because it sounded fabulous but it really wasn't and now you have a whole box of it?

I like to "donate" mine to work.. just leave it in the common area, it is generally gone quickly:)
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is Celestial Seasons Bengal Spice. Cinnamony good....but, very different from Chai Spice.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to loose leaf tea and buy mine from Teavana. My favorites are Chocolate Banana Foster (Herbal) and Superfruit Unity (green) but I don't think I've picked up a tea from them that I wasn't in love with. My favorite bagged tea was Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride by Celestial
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this sounds dumb but how do you make loose tea? Boil it in water and strain?
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Twinings English Breakfast tea, Tetley, Typhoo, or Yorkshire.

Dribble of milk and let the teabag steep until you can stand the spoon upright in the cup.

That's a proper cuppa tea! :drinker:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Twinings Black Rose and Twinings Green Tea with Jasmine.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this sounds dumb but how do you make loose tea? Boil it in water and strain?

You need a teapot. Warm the pot first (you boil a full kettle - use some of it to rinse inside the teapot and warm it. Now discard this water.) Now pour in the required amount of water for teacup(s).

Add a spoonful of tea for each cup you are making and an extra one for the pot. Let it steep until it is the right strength, then pour into your teacup through a tea strainer.

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to loose leaf tea and buy mine from Teavana. My favorites are Chocolate Banana Foster (Herbal) and Superfruit Unity (green) but I don't think I've picked up a tea from them that I wasn't in love with. My favorite bagged tea was Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride by Celestial

We have a Teavana nearby and love the samples, but often at night my wife & I want 2 different flavors of tea. So, as much as I love the idea of loose tea in a fancy tea pot, the bags are just so much easier. We do have a tea ball for when we want some loose stuff (we occasionally pick up a small amount at Ren Faires or whatever).
  • exostan
    exostan Posts: 38
    Options
    Peppermint tea :)
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    I dont drink tea as hate the taste of it now but used to like it.Nerada or dilmah or sometimes liptons here for hubby
  • haanmom
    haanmom Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I really like Republic of Tea teas. I heard about them from a friend who told me about their peppermint chocolate tea, which is YUM. I also have their red velvet cake tea. Both caffeine free and 0 calorie.

I just ordered a few new kinds to try. The website is really comprehensive and they have all different kinds of tea - herbal, black, oolong, white, green, etc.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Supposedly green tea is good for your metabolism, but it never made much of a difference to me. I happen to prefer black teas, so I drink a lot of chai, French vanilla and a big cup of decaf chocolate hazelnut tea before bed.
  • jbanks5519
    Options
    I'm a beginner-do you count your iced tea as water?? I get a large unsweetened iced tea from McDonalds just about everyday and I'm not sure where to log it.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Earl Grey is the best tea, but a tad expensive. However, well worth it.
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love David's teas. So far, every one I have tried, I have liked. I am not as fond of Teavana teas.

I bought a mug that came with a metal strainer. So what I do is, scoop the tea into the strainer, which is in the mug and use my Keurig machine to "brew" hot water. It's plenty hot and if someone else wants a different flavor or I only want one cup, I don't have to make a whole pot. :)

My favorite David's tea is Chocolate Chili Chai. I also love Chocolate Rocket (chocolatey raspberry with chickory), Copabanana and Pom Tango.