Insanity - what's your experience?

Options
I just got the Insanity-dvd's and I'm really exited about starting the routine. Anyone out there who has already tried it and who wants to share your experience?
Thanks!

Replies

• spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The hardest workout I've ever done and worth every second and penny!!

The first day was tough!

The last day was slightly easier!

Keep pushing "play", do it at your own pace but give the best effort you can.

The energy and stamina you will have will amaze you. Somebody here likened it to feeling ten feet tall and bulletproof. They were not exaggerating!!

Go for it!!
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    To be honest, I started Insanity last week and after reading the reviews for it I wasn't sure that I would be able to do it. However, I am still liking it and able to keep up for the most part. Some of the workouts are a little harder than others. As long as you watch your form and go at your own pace you'll do fine with Insanity.
  • MsSeptember0915
    Options
    I am currently doing insanity right now. I have just passed my 30 day mark my waist went from 43 to 38! I am going to keep at it because id like to see more imporvement! But it is def worth doing :D
  • annmaryjenkins
    Options
    I finished the whole 2 months and it was awesome.. is hard at the beginning but if you don't give up you will see the results each week with each workout.. you notice that you can do longer intervals and that you can jump higher,,, is an amazing program.. I don't do it all the time now because I teach fitness classes and is too much, but every week I pick one day to get my butt kick by Shaun T..
  • sabur
    sabur Posts: 13
    Options
    My basketball team has done it the past two seasons.
    Our team ran circles around the rest.
    I don't think any of us especially saw weight loss, but we weren't aiming for that.
    It was more effective than any other conditioning we've done, though.
    Hard, but worth it.
    Good luck!
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing week 6 of Insanity and love it! It is the hardest workout that I have ever done by far, but totally worth sticking with it. I really haven't lost a lot of weight - maybe 5 pounds, but I have lost about 10 inches total. My fit test has also improved significantly in just 6 weeks - I've seen an increase of 80 reps total since my first fit test. Best part though, is that my endurance is improving significantly. I went out running last week for the first time in about a month and was able to keep my heart rate about 20 beats per minute lower than it used to be before beginning Insanity! Have fun - it's great!!
  • EleneSaM
    EleneSaM Posts: 45
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the answers! They were all really helpful. I´m starting on Monday. What order do I do all the work outs? (I just got copies, no original discs, so no instruction papers.)
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you Google "Insanity Workout Schedule" the sheet will pull up. The ordering of the disks is important because they seem to alternate between cardio and more toning/strength work. I have followed the calender to a tee, with the exception of one week where I had to swap my rest day due to a scheduling conflict. Even that was not ideal though, because I find that after 6 workouts, a rest day is really needed.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Here are my results after just 30 days. I never did finish it so I started back up but now I do it every other day instead of 6 days a week (I life now on my opposite days) Anyways I loved my results I think you will too. I did not follow their nutrition plan so I'm sure my results would have been even better if I had.

April2011004.jpg

April2011005.jpg

Day 30

05-11-2011009.jpg

05-11-2011011.jpg
  • EleneSaM
    Options
    If you Google "Insanity Workout Schedule" the sheet will pull up. The ordering of the disks is important because they seem to alternate between cardio and more toning/strength work. I have followed the calender to a tee, with the exception of one week where I had to swap my rest day due to a scheduling conflict. Even that was not ideal though, because I find that after 6 workouts, a rest day is really needed.

Thank you! :)
  • EleneSaM
    Options
    Here are my results after just 30 days. I never did finish it so I started back up but now I do it every other day instead of 6 days a week (I life now on my opposite days) Anyways I loved my results I think you will too. I did not follow their nutrition plan so I'm sure my results would have been even better if I had.

April2011004.jpg

April2011005.jpg

Day 30

05-11-2011009.jpg

05-11-2011011.jpg

WOW! That is just amazing! I will start on Monday. I post my results after 30 days too. Keep your fingers crossed for me. (or, as we say in Sweden; hold your thumbs!)
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    oh man what a workout.....so much of a workout I quit after 6 weeks...the second phase was redic..that was maybe over a year ago...I lost a few pounds the first month, then the second phase I gained it back because I was hungry aaaallllllll day...but I felt like an athlete...I started jumping over fences for no reason...just because...but good luck its a great workout...maybe too great
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My experience has been amazing with it! I have completed a full round of it and then did hybrids with P90X and P90X2 and Asylum. Great results!!! It is an awesome cardio workout which incorporates your own weight I LOVE it :)