IS ANYONE ELSE STARVING OUT THERE??

Options
IDK WHAT IM DOING WRNG, IM TRYING TO EAT WHAT I LIKE BUT JUST LESS OF IT AND THINK IM DOING PRETTY GOOD BUT SEEM TO FALL IN THE RED (NEG PTS) & IM LEFT FEELING STARVING. I KNW MYSELF & THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END IF I DNT FIX IT........ANY IDEAS/TIPS TO STAYING FULLER FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME???

Replies

• pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    NOPE!
    I get bored and confuse that with hungry
    I eat every 2 hours, low calorie stuff it works
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein and healthy fats, and less empty calories. Set your goal to only 1 pound per week loss and see if that ups your calories any. And give it time for you to adjust eating at a lower level. A lot of it is mental in the beginning.
  • jdjeob
    jdjeob Posts: 2
    Options
    I would think protein and fiber first, stay away from pastas, rice, crackers, breads, anythng prcessed--they raise your blood sugar then when it drops, you're starved.
  • SRHelicity
    Options
    Lots of fiber and protein! These can help you feel fuller for longer. When I don't have any "room" left in my day for many calories, I mix up a fiber drink (e.g., Metamucil) since it has low calories (3-4 g of fiber) and helps me feel "full". Overall, I've gotten rid of all of the packaged snacks I used to eat a lot (anything that comes in a foil wrapper or bag in the pantry, etc.) and switched entirely to a lot of vegetables (which are, typically, high in fiber) and protein-rich foods. This helps me feel full despite running a ~750 calorie daily deficit.
  • luvccs
    luvccs Posts: 2
    Options
    What are you eating, how often are you eating? Are you using the food diary?
  • sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just added you as a friend so I can see your diary and see what sort of things you are eating. What calories you eat is a big factor in satisfying your hunger and keeping you fueled. I personally like to have alot of snacks throughout my day to keep the hunger at bay and my metabolism going. That way I also am not staring at the clock waiting for my next meal. I also will do a big calorie burn exercise so I get more calories to eat!!!!
  • sarnoldm
    sarnoldm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't public so I I can't see what you are eating but if its sugary foods you will defo end up feeling hungry. When I ear anything sugary I notice a real sugar high leading to. Low which is when your body craves more sugar and so on! Making healthy choices and including lots of protein and slow releasing carbs will definitely keep you fuller longer. You could make your food diary public so people can advise you?
  • PreggoRocker
    Options
    fiber, fat, protein.
    not necessarily in that order, but it will all help keep you full.
    the issue with eating what you want in smaller portions is that if you ignore healthy options as well, you wont be eating much or getting very good nutrition. your body needs more
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Nope! I eat at least 1750 calories a day. You CAN eat AND lose.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    try eating things that will keep you feeling full; nuts, oatmeal, apples are great as snacks, water/tea, coffee is an appetite suppressant.

Also, if you are hungry, drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes. if you're still hungry after that, then eat something small. if you're still hungry 20 minutes later, have another glass of water

you're re training yourself to not eat out of boredom, it takes a while, and if you're actually hungry, eat.
  • cjosling
    cjosling Posts: 13
    Options
    I wish I could find the answer. It's only my fourth day, I'm starving. I cannot figure out good food items to eat that keep me fuller for longer. I never go over my calories but I am so afraid one item will put me over. I'm trying.:sad:
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You need to figure out if you have your calories set too low. Now that I eat a decent amount (1900-2200 instead of 1200) I don't have that problem and I never feel like I need to binge.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • ratoshaireland
    Options
    Try preparing several snacks! For instance have some carrots, blackberries, mix nuts, and celery on hand. These foods are very filling and healthy. I take carrot sticks, some type of berries and (1) pickle in addition to my healthy lunch for those breakthrough hunger pains and it works.
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I get this way I know its because I haven't been drinking enough water that day.Try to drink cold water or some tea before snacking on low cal stuff because sometimes you can be dehydrated instead of hungry.If you are hungry try a fruit, apples or grapefruits are more filling than crackers. Or try munching on grapes or carrots. But ya, a small snack every 2 or 3 hours is a good idea too.

Hope that helps :)
  • theonlychuck
    theonlychuck Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    WATER im not a huge fan of it but im just in my second week and i find myself hungry too. so i try to drink water any time im hungry
  • grayisokay
    Options
    THIs is what works for me, doesn't mean it will for you. Anyway, don't skip meals, keep carbs even in your meals--about
    45 carbs in each of 3 meals and an evening snack with around 20 carbs. I'm rarely hungry. Get a good variety of fruits, vegies ans whole grains not empty calories. I also space my meals around 4.5 hours apart and try to always stick to the same schedule.
    Best of luck.
  • GlazedBooty
    Options
    MAYBE MY PROTEIN INTAKE IS NOT WHERE IT SHOULD BE. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THINGS IN THE "BREADS & CEREAL" FOOD GROUP & ALSO EAT LOTS OF VEGGIES, BUT MAYBE IT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF I EAT MORE PROTEIN INSTEAD OF THE BREADS I LOVE SO MUCH.
  • DawnShonk216
    Options
    I buy birdseye frozen brown rice with broccoli and carrots. the whole bag is 300 calories and it has saved me. Keeps me full and within my goal for the day. Either for lunch or with dinner. If you like something like that try it.
  • GlazedBooty
    Options
    WATER IS NOT AN ISSUE FOR ME BUT MAYBE I CAN SUGGEST LEMON IN UR WATER TO BETTER THE FLAVOR A LIL FOR U OR SOMETHINGS THAT I AM DOING NOW IS "DETOX/SPA" WATER : WATER, LEMON SLICES, CUCUMBER SLICES, & A SPRIG OF MINT....TASTE GOOD AND VERY REFRESHING.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    This is in recipes? :grumble: