UNO Bar and Grill Tomorrow -- HELP!!

Options
ashzacher
ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
Hi all!

I've tried and succeeded in eating healthy and exercising this week. I've worked out every day this week, but... dun dun dun.. St Patty's lies ahead of me.

While tomorrow is my off day from the gym (I have to drive to my hometown, about 2 hours away after work), I fully intend on running my scheduled 5 miles on Saturday (training for a half marathon.. woo!) and more than likely taking the day off Sunday, maybe a small work out involved.

I allow myself ONE cheat meal each week - and I almost always save it for the weekend. My boyfriend and I are meeting my best friend and her boyfriend for dinner tomorrow, and she said we were going to UNO Bar and Grill. It's a chain restaurant. Have any of you ever been there? What would you suggest? I'm trying to budget my calories for the remainder of the day, but I know for a fact I'll be drinking some green beers Saturday, so I don't want to over-do my cheat meal... Any suggestions?! :)

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd stick with a salad and/or soup. If you're going to budget one cheat meal a week, have it be somewhere higher quality than UNO. Just enjoy the company and stick with something simple.

Luckily, UNO posts all their nutrition information online. You can find it here: http://www.unos.com/nutrition.php
  • ashzacher
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion - I've never been there, but I like to see what I'll have beforehand that way I don't end up eating 4 pieces of pizza and hating myself for it, haha. I'll be checking out their site :-)
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I went to Uno once ... will never go again. Just didn't like the food.
  • ashzacher
    Options
    Meh, that's what I figured.. She lives on the other end of the city from my boyfriend, so between meeting in the middle and it being somewhat of a pizza place (Catholic - no meat on Fridays!), she decided on that.. We'll see!
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's not a bad place - I remember it was actually pretty cool on the inside. I just didn't like the food, and having grown up eating pizza mostly from NY/NJ, I'm a tough critic!
  • jtannehill75
    Options
    I'd go with the Field greens with goat cheese salad.. the lowfat blueberry pomegranate dressing might not sound so good but it's yummy!!

FIELD GREENS

Serving Size(g) 115g
    Servings
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 230
    Calories from Fat 150
    Total Fat
    17g
    Saturated Fat 5g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 20mg
    Sodium 200mg
    Total Carbohydrates
    15g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 8g
    Protein 8g

Vitamin A 45% • Vitamin C 10% • Calcium 6% • Iron 4%

Then get the vegetable soup..

VEGGIE SOUP

Serving Size(g) 340g
    Servings

Amount Per Serving

Calories 140
    Calories from Fat: 15
    Total Fat 1.5g Saturated Fat 0g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 930mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 27g
    Dietary Fiber 4g
    Sugars 4g
    Protein
    5g

total calories for both... 370!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Oh! Am so jealous! You gotta have their signature stuffed pizza! You must! Shoot! Make it a helluva cheat day then work out hard the the rest of the week.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have to go to a work "luncheon" tommorrow where they are having pizza and tacos...I have debated in my head what i am going to do....i decided that even though every one will think I am extremist dork eccentric, I will pack my own lunch and eat it, instead of eating crap. If I have to cheat, I'm going to do it with friends and family, not people from work. So....i guess my advice is have one of the salads, and if anyone asks, just be honest and say you want to make better choices, and that's that..
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I would have a slice of pizza and maybe a side salad. Let your friend have the leftovers :)
  • Shabadu
    Shabadu Posts: 211
    Options
    Draw 4. Get it?
  • ashzacher
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips :) I've saved around 500 calories for the meal just to be safe. I'm thinking of a side salad with a slice of pizza. I feel like I shouldn't deprive myself of pizza (who would wanna do that?!) Because I've earned it this week in the gym and in the kitchen ;-) Unless one of their other salads draws me in!
  • ashzacher
    Options
    I have to go to a work "luncheon" tommorrow where they are having pizza and tacos...I have debated in my head what i am going to do....i decided that even though every one will think I am extremist dork eccentric, I will pack my own lunch and eat it, instead of eating crap. If I have to cheat, I'm going to do it with friends and family, not people from work. So....i guess my advice is have one of the salads, and if anyone asks, just be honest and say you want to make better choices, and that's that..

I have the same problem! I work with mostly men. Our department has the occasional luncheon, usually subs and chips with salad or pizza and salad. Last time I just made a jumbo salad and had a tiny slice of pizza because I knew iceberg lettuce wasn't going to sustain me for the rest of the day, haha. I brought apples and nuts for an afternoon snack so o didn't feel the need to eat four slices like everyone else. I don't want to seem like the weird health nut.. but at the same time you gotta do your own thing!!