A week at the gym!

Options
So I fell off the face of the MFP earth for a while there, I lost 20lbs and was feeling great..and then I went back to my old ways. I'm back again, tired of being lazy and not treating my body right..so my success is a week at the gym after months of nothing!

The major success part is that I've always been afraid of the gym..worried about people watching me, judging me, and just flat out scared of the machines. I talked to a trainer at a local gym last week and met up with him, and I've been back every day since then! I go super early so I can't make excuses to skip out at the end of a busy day, and I meet with the trainer once a week so that there's someone holding me accountable at all times.

I used to do workout videos at home, had great success with the 30DS but Jillian drove me nuts. I never stuck with anything for long, but I feel like I've been missing something. All of my fears of the gym have subsided, and I love it! It's nice to have time to myself, to focus on myself every once in a while!

Can't wait to start sharing progress pics as the time passes! :smile:

Replies

• monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome NSV!!! You should be very proud of yourself, as we are all happy for you! I hope you continue and share your success stories, too. :) Congrats!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I hate early-AM workouts but was in off-site meetings in AZ all last week and got up at 6 AM to go swimming. It really was good to have the workout out of the way, no matter what happened to my schedule. Don't feel self-conscious about your body- there are plenty of imperfect bodies in there along wiith the well-toned arms and ripped abs. We're all there to improve!
  • crzybeautiful11
    Options
    This is an awesome NSV!!! You should be very proud of yourself, as we are all happy for you! I hope you continue and share your success stories, too. :) Congrats!

Thanks!! :smile: I am pretty proud, plus I've dropped almost 2 pounds this week, so that motivates me even more!
  • crzybeautiful11
    Options
    Good for you! I hate early-AM workouts but was in off-site meetings in AZ all last week and got up at 6 AM to go swimming. It really was good to have the workout out of the way, no matter what happened to my schedule. Don't feel self-conscious about your body- there are plenty of imperfect bodies in there along wiith the well-toned arms and ripped abs. We're all there to improve!

It is definitely nice to get it out of the way! I still feel a bit self conscious, but then I see the super fit people and can't wait til I look like them!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!