Doing Everything Right - not losing weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This advice comes from my trainer. I was having a problem losing. Try to eat clean as possible, up your protein, eat like a king at breakfast, prince for lunch, pauper for dinner, no carbs or fruit after 4p.m. Protein & veggies for dinner.

Note: I do not follow mfp recommeneded calories. Figure out your bmr/ tdee.....take 15-20% off of tdee. 1200/1240 is not enough calories! Especially if your excercising. Lift weights!

i disagree...and the carbs after 4pm thing has been dismissed as a myth....

I disagree too. I eat like a King at every meal. And I eat carbs as late as 9pm. Still losing.
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey at 1200 as MFP suggested. After about 4 weeks, I stalled for 2 and got frustrated. I spoke with the trainer/nutritionist at the gym and we decided that I should increase my calories so I did to 1500 and lost 1.6 immediately and a couple since (I just did this about 10 days ago.). I increased my calories and added in the higher protein (good fat) foods I love like Almonds and Cheese so I met my calories and got a treat too!
    Also, did you measure???? And photo journal EVERYTHING!!!! Make sure you measure everywhere and take lots of pictures (in as few clothes as possible). That is how you see a difference! I get frustrated cause my pants size isn't going down because of my tummy, but the legs are baggy and I just had to get a new work ID pic taken because I look so different already!
    Keep working at it! You are a rock star and can do this! :-)

Friend me if you like :-)