CHEAT DAY

Options

Replies

• rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have one cheat meal. Anything I want within 2 hours. Same day and same-ish time of day each week. Mine is usually Friday night. Sometimes I need to switch to Saturday night.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    No cheat days. Everything is allowed if it fits in my calories and macros for the day. So if I want something, I make sure it fits.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it having a cheat day. I try to workout enough that I can have that cake, cookie, or ice cream I want when I want it.. I don't think a person should get rid of the things they love to eat
  • Swanz21
    Swanz21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    First, I would only consider having a "reward" day if I had put the work in and had something to show for the effort. I usually will get a good hour workout in to give myself a little extra wiggle room. I will still try to make relatively smart choices and will allow myself 500 calories over my goal + workout calories.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy your food every day, you don't need a "cheat" meal or day.

That said, I splurge occasionally on things that I don't normally eat when I try a new restaurant or celebrate an occasion like a birthday such as a slice of cake.

But I usually have things that I look forward to every day like a 90-cal Fiber One brownie or bar in the evenings.

So, I am always looking forward to something and that helps me maintain my weight loss.
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't give myself a cheat day but if there is something I really want...lets say a pizza... I will get it and work it into my calorie count for the day. It works for me and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    As others have stated...no cheat day. I want something I plan, I workout, I EAT. YUM.
  • smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    PIZZA and BEEER! Yes please!
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I only do reward meals mostly....but I have to be careful. If I go all out on one meal, then the next few days are especially difficult....and can be a downward spiral. I have had this problem the last 2 weeks. lol
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I don't do a cheat day, per se, but if I ever do go out to eat, I tell myself, "it's okay. You can eat this meal today and have a clean slate tomorrow."
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    On a cheat day, I'll eat as much as I want and whatever foods I want. The next day, I put it behind me and move on.
  • janj626
    janj626 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days. I only try to do my best everyday. At this point in my life, I have learned that cutting out the things I love will not only make me miserable, but it won't help me lose weight or keep it off. I have to learn moderation and move my body more. I look back on my grandparents (some in US and some in India) - they were all healthy weights and didn't diet or eat 'light' or 'diet' food...they ate real, whole, clean foods, made from scratch and were more active in their daily lives.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I also make sure I workout that day so I don't feel so terrible about it.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want everyday within my calorie limit and on Saturdays I eat whatever I want without logging!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again... It's only cheating if don't log it accurately. Have whatever you want that fits into your plan, whenever you want it. Enjoy it, log it, move on with no regrets... it's called life, enjoy it responsibly!
  • jcfromtb
    jcfromtb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't have "cheat days". I think the words alone villainize food and set me up for failure. The way I work is simple... if I eat healthy 95% of the time, if I am out for a meal and want to eat a cheeseburger or a slice of pizza... I eat it.
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First, I would only consider having a "reward" day if I had put the work in and had something to show for the effort. I usually will get a good hour workout in to give myself a little extra wiggle room. I will still try to make relatively smart choices and will allow myself 500 calories over my goal + workout calories.

I really like this. Calling it a reward day instead of a cheat day. Mine is usually a meal - a big juicy steak and fries and a few beers every couple of weeks. I try to work it into my macros but don't stress out too much about going over. It's one meal, and if I had to forgoe it completely it would just be too fricken sad.
  • dalesd
    dalesd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat. I eat what I want as long as it fits my macros. LCHF. If I eat high carb foods, it makes me crave them. (Been there, done that, got the XXL t-shirt to prove it.) So I stick to low carb high fat.

I'm under my calorie goal for most days, so If I go a little over once a week or so, I'm still in good shape.
  • CrystalRenee2013
    CrystalRenee2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm to afraid to do a "cheat day or meal"..It worries me that if I slack down just that once that it will be a constant thing for me,then i'll gain all my weight & some back.
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I once did a program that required a "cheat" day once a week. I spent all week anxiously anticipating an M&M McFlurry. The day finally came and I made a special trip to get my "treat". I savored every bit and then was sick as a dog the rest of the day. I never felt the urge to have a cheat day after that. When making the decision to eat something that is not nutrient dense, I think back to the last time I had something like that. If it was just a day or two ago, I will take a pass. If it's been a week or more, I will indulge in MODERATION. I usually track it just so I can monitor trends but I don't worry if I go over my calories by a bit every now and then.

Everything in MODERATION!!