Pass the BUTTER please.......

Options
2»

Replies

• silverflash101
    silverflash101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The only way that I can ever handle butter if it is in small melted quantities, or baked into something, like cakes. I can't eat butter solid spread on bread, because it makes me feel ill. I can just about manage margarine, but I tend to forget about butter and margarine and eat bread plain instead.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My BIL posted a study on FB that showed that consumption of margarine irriates the arteries with allows the build up of cholesterol. If I could find it I would post the link. Again natural vs. man made.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I only use margarine as a lubricant.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    And that is why I don't eat. Butter ... Lighter than light mayor or me :)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Margarine has one acceptable use to me: Buffalo wing sauce. It's tastes "wrong" with butter.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info - I've been looking for an easy way to mass-murder turkeys!!! :bigsmile:
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My grandparents lived on a farm and produced a lot of their own food. They always had a milk cow and made their own butter. I spent a lot of time with them when I was a child and developed the taste for butter, margarine never has the same flavor. I remember my mother using margarine because it was cheaper but once I was on my own I only bought butter. Having read the research on margarine, I will never eat margarine. I would much rather have small amounts of butter on things that really matter (toast, mashed potatoes, etc) and allow for the calories in my daily allotment. The same with sugar and sugar substitutes. I'd much rather have the real thing than chemicals.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I only use margarine as a lubricant.

QFT

Morning Honey :wink:
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Real butter all the way - just in moderation, as with everything. (When I say everything, I mean real food - not chemicals!)
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I eat real unsalted butter or the light Land O Lakes butter that is mixed with vegetable oil. It's spreadable, only 50 calories per tablespoon and reallly good. Sometimes I splurge and get the European butter (I think it's Irish or Danish) or the Amish unsalted butter that this little deli sells that is brought in from a nearby community. Sooooo freaking good.:flowerforyou:

But no, I do not eat margarine. I don't know if all that in that story is true, but I choose not to eat it anyway. Just butter and in moderation. :drinker:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with butter because it tastes way better than margarine. Pretty much the only reason.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of butter, a rarely use either, but I'll take my substitute, and I'm pretty sure I'm not dying because of it. Or my diet coke for that matter.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    go vegan. problem solved.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don;t even think you can buy margarine in the UK anymore. I don't think anyone eats it.

Regardless of wether it is true of not, I only use butter. It is less processed. The same with low fat nonsense. If it;s low fat something you can guarantee it is full of chemicals and sweeteners to make it taste palatable.
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Call me an old stick in the mud but I prefer to get my dietary advice from registered dieticians instead of anonymous email forwards.

Love it!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I use both. Each have their place and their uses. Plus butter is very expensive here.

And I'm sure the formulation is completely different and improved over the years since it was banned in Wisconsin in 1967.