Protein Powder

Options
Can anyone reccomend a good, lower calorie, protein powder? Looking for Vanilla and Berry (any kind of Berry) Flavor.
Thanks!

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Define "lower calorie."
    I use Cytosport whey protein. 140 per scoop. 6g of carbs, 26g protein.
    I mix with whole milk. That brings it to 270.
    If I use unsweetened almond milk I add a 1/2 tbs of hemp oil to up the fat.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Steak are my main sources of Protein. I dont mess with powder junk. Never have, never will.:bigsmile:
  • colleenrutledge
    Options
    I use Promasil. its a balanced nano- partitioned protien. it has zero carb and is 90 cal a scoop.

I usually mix 2 scoops with 1 cup milk and one cup water which is usually 200ish calories

It comes in almost all flavours

http://www.rivalus.net/products/promasil
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    i use iso pure because unlike most of the others it doesnt leave you filled with gas
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    dymatize elite vanilla was pretty good to me. I mixed it with about six ounces of water; a little less than what they reccomend but I find it's easier to slug down if there's less of it.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress comes in around 130 to 140 depending on the variety.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Spiru-tein whey. It has an amazing consistency, too: http://www.spiru-tein.com/products/

I also really love Syntrax nectars http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm

Somewhere on the Syntrax site, there's a phone number you can order a box of samples for a decent price, free shipping. That's what I did before comitting to a flavor.
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have used Jay Robb in the past (in fact, still have a lot in my pantry) and while it was good to make just a shake when you wanted it, I found that once I started making my fruit smooties, I wanted something that was unsweetened and without any flavors, so I am now using NOW Whey Protein Isolate.

I tried putting the Jay Robb in my smoothies, but found the stevia that is used to sweeten it was WAY too sweet for me. I love being able to add the NOW in my shakes and not taste it. The only difference I have found is it makes it more frothy.

Good Luck!

BTW.. I still endorse JR.... but only if I am just using that and milk to make a shake!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I've tried both whey and soy (both are good) I did try the J Robb egg white and it was terrible! I took one sip and threw it away. I love egg whites but just not the egg white protein shakes. I mix my protein with almond/coconut milk and it's pretty good. I get as much protein as I can from food but if I'm short I'll have a protein shake. I don't care for those protein bars though.