Any clean eaters/paleo people?

Options
weinbagel
weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
I've had MFP for quite some time, but just recently started using it consistently in the past week or so. As with all social media, I'm now addicted! But I feel like it's a "healthy" addiction.

Would love to connect with like-minded people :)

Replies

• libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't do paleo, but definitely try to eat cleanly. Add me if you like.
  • sabineliebling
    Options
    Hi there. I eat mostly primal. I do eat dairy and legumes sometimes, but I don't eat grains. I do eat dirty sometimes when I go to Starbucks! But that is a treat :)
  • awade218
    awade218 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I try to eat clean, let's say, I am cleaning up my diet. Friends request sent. I love seeing the progress of people and the changes they encounter through MFP
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly clean. I still buy some premade stuff like organic salsa, wheat glutten free and rice pasta, rotisserie chickens from the deli. I do make my own sauces, salad dressings and stuff. For the most part I cook at home. Most of my meats are wild, or purchased from a farmer and no processed meats. I don't eat dairy or wheat. You can add me if you want. I don't do a specific diet but I love other clean eaters.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    We eat "primal" or "clean" .... not paleo cause we refuse to give up wine and cheese :-D .... But we avoid all processed foods, all foods with glutens and phytates (as far as we can tell) .... feel free to add if you like. Yeah, I like MFP too.
  • weinbagel
    Options
    same here! i buy pre-made salsas, etc, but i tend to stick to meat and veggies on a daily basis!
  • weinbagel
    Options
    wine and cheese are a must! i eat them as well on occasion :)
  • Kerstinaw
    Kerstinaw Posts: 10
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly clean, and even tend to lean on the primal side, though quite frankly, I haven't done enough research to really go primal. What I HAVE researched and DO try to follow is Weston A Price, which is "Traditional" foods. Like, pre-industrialization type of foods with lots of broth, fermented foods, organic, clean meats, etc. I'm not fully WAPF since I still drink coffee and eat chocolate and don't completely abstain from eating out (just limit it). But I definitely limit grains (1-2 servings/day TOPS, most days have none) and the grains I do consume are gluten free (mainly brown rice, occasionally GF oatmeal).

Anyways, enough rambling. You can add me if you like. :happy:
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't do paleo, but I'm trying to eat clean. Every week I try to incorporate or switch out something for a cleaner option (more whole foods, more whole grains, less processed foods).

ETA: My diary's open, so feel free to take a look.
  • weinbagel
    Options
    that is awesome! i'm in a similar boat as you, except i don't eat any grains!
  • Rose_bee
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan, with In Defense of Food next up on my reading list.

I'm lucky to live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon where we have a lot of local farmers and lots of good local organic food. I'm VERY excited for our Farmer's Market to start up in 3 weeks. :)
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon where we have a lot of local farmers and lots of good local organic food. I'm VERY excited for our Farmer's Market to start up in 3 weeks. :)

Hey! I'm in Rogue Valley! I LOVE our farmer's market and our CSA!!! *waving to fellow Oregonian*
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

*waves*
    Hello fellow Eugenian!!
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    All you Oregonian folks! I live in the rural part of King County, about 30 miles SE of Seattle. Technically I'm in a town and I even live in a housing development, but it's not really very suburban. Right behind my house is an undeveloped green belt. Go 2 miles down the road, you see people with goats in the front yard next to their rusty cars :laugh:

Anyhow, the Pacific Northwest is an awesome place to live if you are looking to grow your own food (we do), raise your own chickens (we do), buy at farmer's markets, get local, grass fed beef and so on. Love it here.
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I'm a hunter gatherer. Add me if you like. :)
  • titanbonnie
    Options
    From texas on the Gulf Coast. I eat mainly Paleo. Nothing processed = ) I also take herbal formulas and essential oils as medicine. I try to not put anything into my body that is not pure and from God.
  • Sharksharkles
    Options
    I'm a clean eater & use a lot of paleo recipes in my diet but am not paleo. I really like to share food findings & learn new tweaks to old favorites! I would enjoy joining your forum.
  • Rose_bee
    Options

*waves*
    Hello fellow Eugenian!!

Hi! :D What a wonderfully small world! :)
  • JessicaLynn82
    Options
    I eat clean most of the time except for those dirty moments that make sure I stick to my new healthy lifestyle. And I login everyday along with my track my food precisely! Add me if you want!!!