vegatarian shopping list??

Options
So im gonna start eating healthier, but im also a vegatarian but I dont that healthy right now. My list consistbof oatmeal, almond milk, veggie burgers, whole wheat sandwich thins, lettuce, fiber one bars, salad, cottage cheese, berries, apples, brocoli, mixed bagbof vegies and fruit. Is this a goodbstart??

Replies

• AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think it's a start, but it's a little light on staples--like lentils, beans, greens, vegetables (mushrooms, squashes, citrus/tomatoes), rice/noodles. I suggest planning your meals for the week, and shopping accordingly.
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It sounds good to me; but I'm restarting my weight loss.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary – feel free to look through there for ideas.
  • Rambo529
    Rambo529 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think it's a start, but it's a little light on staples--like lentils, beans, greens, vegetables (mushrooms, squashes, citrus/tomatoes), rice/noodles. I suggest planning your meals for the week, and shopping accordingly.

This, totally agree with this. Good start though.
  • jolynyk
    jolynyk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion of staples like beans and lentils. I also recommend quinoa, and farro if you can find it.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'd add in benas/legumes for sure. Quinoa. Do you eat eggs? I'd add eggs/egg whites and possibly some milk and Greek yogurt. Get darker green veggies to help with protein, maybe some sweet potatoes, tofu, tofu noodles, part skim/2% cheese.
  • Tulipbirdy
    Options
    I am vegetarian too so here i some things that are on my list: first of all milk products!!! ( if you are a vegan obviously its not for you) yoghurts, milk, sugarfree pudings, lowfat cheeses,kefir. then of course a lot of vegetables and fruits: apple,pear, berries, pineapple,kiwi,orange,lemon,mandarin etc, celery, cabbage,salad,carrot,cauliflower,zukkini,aubergine and so on.mushroom, olive oil, olives,tofu,millet,oatmeal and hummus is on my must buy list too just like seeds. oh and eggs!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    find some good recipes and make a list of what you want to make every week (I shop every 2 weeks this way). Get rid of the processed stuff and start steering yourself to more natural foods. YOur body will thank you
  • wendylou224
    wendylou224 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian but i just don't eat a lot of meat usually. I love broccoli slaw, you can do so much with it. It's good with peanut sauce and mandarin oranges. also love the morning star chicken patties and corn dogs