Weight has not changed in 5 days

Options
I have been doing really good using My Fitness Pal. This makes my life and dieting so easy. So far, I have lost 23 lbs since Jan 28th, but this past week my weight has stayed the same. I am watching calories and exercising 4 times a week. Is this normal?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yes. Weight loss is not linear.
  • IronKitty
    IronKitty Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes its very normal. In fact having your weight not move for a month (or even more) can be normal. If you putting in all the work, eating right and exercising then likely you are gaining muscle or you happen to be retaining some water weight that week. Find other ways that aren't just the scale to measure your progress- take before and after pics, measure yourself, focus on fitness goals, etc.
    So yes it is extremely normal
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to goal weight, the slower the weight will come off. Just be patient and keep at it.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to goal weight, the slower the weight will come off. Just be patient and keep at it.

Agreed-there were plenty of times when I'd go weeks without losing, then I'd lose 2 pounds another week.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Water weight fluctuations.
  • sunforme3
    sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It is normal, frustrating, nut normal,lol. Don't weigh daily, try fr once a week, but don't only use scale as a guide for weight loss, it's not all about the scale.............I have a very hard time with this myself!!!!!
  • AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just went through a week of no results when I was working my butt off. I felt the weight loss and seen in it my clothes but not the scale until today when the number finally moved down. So there's other ways to tell your bodys changing besides the scale.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Yes....there are days the scale says i've gained a pound or two also. When i first started it took five weeks to dro any weight at all. Don't give up just give it time.......r
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Hearing this makes me want to vomit...

:(

but it is truth!
  • maggiecosmo
    maggiecosmo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    very normal, but i also keep track of my inches and at times they go down and not the weight because you are building more muscle
  • Jimholt
    Jimholt Posts: 3
    Options
    Might need to have more calories for at least one meal. For me that seems to jump start be back to loosing. Or I alss find that if i get stuck on eating the same snacks (like peanuts) I have to switch for a day or so to yogurt or fresh fruit or some other food or snack. That seems to "wake up" my system again. Our bodies are so complex in burning food and holding on to the fluids we have to sustain up, that it is hard at times to figure out what's going on sometimes?!
  • tigermom12
    Options
    You know...I used to weigh myself daily and I would drive myself crazy. Then I got to where I would only weigh myself weekly. Now.....we are in temporary housing and my scale is in storage so I can't weigh in at all. This has been the best thing ever! I will get weighed next week when I go see my nutritionist but I will say that not having a scale and been so liberating. LOL! I have no clue how much if any I have lost but I do know that I feel so much better. I don't feel as bloated. My pants are fitting better. I have more energy. I am sleeping better and I wake up refreshed.

You have done such a great job so far. Maybe you could focus on the good things you have done instead of the scale? Keep up the great work!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Hearing this makes me want to vomit...

:(

but it is truth!

Haha! No need to vomit. This isn't a race. However long it takes is how long it takes, You have the rest of your life to maintain your hotness. ;)
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've been stalled on the scale for a month but my clothes are fitting better and people are noticing my "weight loss". I've been increasing calories each week trying to break the plateau. It is frustrating to wait for the numbers to go down but i'm patiently waiting. Hang in there!
  • LivMinusTen
    LivMinusTen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happens to me too... At the moment I am called on this so-called plateau. I try to change things up with breakfast or exercise.
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    Is this a serious question?
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Just something for you to compare to.....

My goal is one pound/week...which I have been doing. So, you have lost as much weight already as I plan to lose in 28 weeks! It's not surprising your body is taking a break. Don't feel bad. Also, don't let that FAST weightloss fool you into thinking it will always come off that quickly.

Good job and good luck!
  • SparkyinOhio
    Options
    Thanks for all the support! I want to take off another 50, so when it temporarily stopped coming off, I got a little stressed. But, I am determined and will do this! Thanks to what I have done so far, I have been able to quit taking BP meds. First goal - check!

I look forward to the day when I can go clothes shopping for the new, slim me!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Je2VUEy.jpg