Pooping! :(

Options

Replies

• phonepest
    phonepest Posts: 43
    Options
    Had Gastric bypass recently and Miralax is now my friend!:wink: Also, for those wanting a more "natural" fix....mix 1/3 prune juice with 2/3 7-up...tastes like dr. Pepper....Will say that Miralax doesn't cause the cramping and urgency other laxatives cause, and is safe for my altered guts,per my dr....best of luck!
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Don't avoid fat! Healthy fats are essential to many things, digestive health being one of them. I've found that not only are water and fiber important to keep things moving, healthy fats in the diet are key as well. Nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive & coconut oils are all a part of my diet and have made a difference for me (along with exercise, water and fiber, etc, etc).

It's the fat that you need. Eat the fat!!

Also, you probably just aren't getting the nutrients you need because you really aren't eating enough food period. You need to eat more.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Are your food diary entries accurate? You have eaten a total of 86 grams of fiber since March 8th, which is as far back as I looked.

I ate 85 grams of fiber YESTERDAY alone.

Your definition of "lots of fiber" seems to differ from mine.

And you're under-eating massively to begin with... About half the days you're at like 1000 or less calories...

Maybe your bowels have shut down to under-use.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is so so so gross I know!

But is it important to be a 'regular pooper' in order to keep consistent weight loss?
    I've had issues with this from a young age and depend on HUGE amounts of fiber or other means to regulate.

Is pooping important for weight loss?
    And what ways are there to help regulate?

Thanks!
    Sorry for being TMI!

Fiber is important to weight loss, which results in a more regular pooping cycle. My suggestion is to monitor your fiber as well as your main macros. You can add it to your Food Diary macros by going to your settings and choosing it in one of the drop downs under "Nutrients Tracked".
    Women should get a minimum of 18-25 grams of fiber a day.

And for cryin out loud, drink some water!! Not tryin to be mean or anything but water is essential. You are logging only 1 or 2 glasses and some times none. Your body needs at the very minimum 8 glasses a day, but you should be striving for at least half your body weight in ounces per day. If you weigh 180, you should be getting at least 90 oz of water a day.
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Lots of water, I am a 18-20 glass a day person, it is high but my body doesnt feel as good without it..

My fiber is set at 30g - flaxseed is good, if I need help I will also use Miralax. When my daughter was young, she had some serious issues and the doctor had her on Milk of Magnesia, so you could also try that.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    So... Every time I get backed up despite my good diet, I have my thyroid checked. And every time, it comes back that I need to get my thyroid suppliment re-upped. Especially to you ladies that have had children recently, DO get your thyroid checked. A bum thyroid WILL CAUSE CONSTIPATION LIKE WHOA.

Also some people with gluten sensitivity/allergies/etc have problems with constipation. Might be worth eliminating some food groups from your diet to see if you have a dairy/gluten/something allergy.

And yogurt is almost always your friend.
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have had digestive issues all my life and recently was diagnosed with gluten intolerance, not full blown celiac. I did a trial of cutting out gluten and I have been more regular than ever before and I don't feel bloated like I used to. Also, using probiotics is a good thing to try as well. When I used alot of fiber I just found that it made me more bloated.
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ive come realize that i poop more when i drinks lots of water. Also since i'm not a coffee drinker, two - three cups of black coffee with maybe on maybe two individual creamers only, will make me go too. but i dont do the coffee thing anymore because i've become so regular. im not a seller of anything, but i have come to love the Greens from the ITWorks line. im sure you can find some diferent brand from a health store or on-line, but i started taking that about 6 months ago and i LOVE them. i took it religously for two months and my acne cleared up. that alone made me a lover lol. and protein, when i drink protein shakes i go more regularly too. and since i go more regularly, my farts dont stink so bad either!!
  • dolmanandrews
    dolmanandrews Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Totally understand! I have been there and get there pretty easily if I don't stick to my program

Chia seeds 1 - 2 tablespoons in smoothie, juice, what ever --- SOAK THEM OVERNIGHT. They absorb A LOT of water and will suck the water out of your intestine and make you constipated if you aren't drinking enough water or if the Chia seeds aren't already hydrated. Took me a while to figure this one out

Probiotic before bed --- get a good one probably from the health food store. The best ones are kept in the refrigerated section, keeps yours refrigerated

Aloe Vera Juice --- about 2 ounces before bed. It can give you cramps so start slow

All this adds up to a very satisfying morning ... if ya know what I mean.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Are your food diary entries accurate? You have eaten a total of 86 grams of fiber since March 8th, which is as far back as I looked.

And you're under-eating massively to begin with... About half the days you're at like 1000 or less calories...

Thanks be to Allah someone finally took a look at the diary. jebus
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it's the same for adults but my nephew was having problems with constipation and his doctor actually advised not to eat bananas. I'd make sure you are eats lots of fibrous vegetables.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've been able to lose weight. I have IBS and sometimes don't go for many a day. It's good for you to be a regular pooper, but probably doesn't affect weight loss all that much.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered that I have issues with gluten so I cut it out. Good news is I feel tons better, bad news I am no longer on a schedule with the potty. I went on amazon and bought some fiber gummies and they seems to working out. they're pretty dang tasty too-maybe a little too tasty!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Yes it is very important to be regular. Lots of water, fruit and vegs. Limit your caffeine! If you intake caffeine make sure you drink a cup of water for every cup of caffeineted beverage.

This is wrong. Coffe is awesome!!!! makes me go big time every morning!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Kombucha is a very good natural probiotic that helps with digestive issues.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

Yeah, I just looked a little more carefully and a lot of entries are missing the fiber values, so it's probably higher. But still, how can you know for sure when you're not logging accurately?

Either way, the intake is very low. I bet my 4-month old eats almost double than that in breast milk every day.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    What has helped for me is lots of water and taking a good probiotic. Look for a really good one at a natural food / supplement store. The ones sold at places like Walmart or Walgreens aren't nearly as good. I think the lowest you should go is supposed to be 4 billion live cultures. The higher the number, the better the probiotic.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

I never think to look at diaries. I'm sooo gullible! :grumble:
  • EatYourVeg
    Options
    Wow two pages and no one looked at your diary? Well if they did I didn't notice any comments so here are mine. Either you are a troll or you have a serious eating disorder..sorry just being honest but I am just going by what you logged so if it is incorrect well then sorry but you should close your diary if you don't want honest help.

Firstly I see you are drinking one or two glasses of water a day? WTF? Why? Secondly you are starving your body, one day your net calories were around 70 I believe(I went back about a week) other days are not a lot better really. Thirdly if you have a problem pooing then why are you tracking everything else but the most important thing for it which other than water would be fibre?

I'm not trying to be mean but if you are doing the totally opposite of what it takes to poo well guess what happens.......you have a problem taking a poo. simple really.

No,no it's highly appreciated.
    ( Though, assuming I'm a troll or have an "eating disorder" is a little OTT towards someone who isn't aware / have a good understanding of food in general :/ )

I do hit under my calorie allowance by 100 / 200 calories a day, that's true... and I DEFINITELY Need to drink more water! I drink cups of tea (I forget to track them sometimes...) but that's it! I''ve hardly ever drank more water so if that's one of the keys to getting a better regularity then I'm on it!

And eat more too haha!

Thanks very much! x