WOW - 3 weeks, you look great.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What a great transformation - from your name I thought you were much younger! You have the body of someone in their 20's!

How tall are you?
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    can you share exactly what your lifting regimen is? I would love to start lifting because while i've lost a lot of weight, i still kinda feel "skinny fat"... would love to see more muscle definition in my abs, legs, and arms. but i just don't know where to start.

First off, I'm not an expert. But I can tell you what I did. A very smart, very fit friend here at MFP told me I should start with fullbody three days a week. After scouring the web, I found this - http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/beginner-fullbody-workout.html and started it. I went easy the first week and modified some of the exercises using dumbbells then when I felt more confident, I moved to using a barbell.
    You look great! Can I ask what your macro settings are?

Thank you :)

35% Carbs
    35% Protein
    30% Fat
    Awesome job!!! I'm in the same boat right now! I'm at 144 and don't know what to do next..how much did you up your calories? and how many times a week do you strength train?

Thanks! I upped my calories a little every week when I started lifting. I have it set at 1400 right now and try to eat back a good portion of my exercise calories. Next week, I'll up it again. I'd like to get to a consistent 1600.
    What a great transformation - from your name I thought you were much younger! You have the body of someone in their 20's!

How tall are you?

Thank you! I'm 5'4"
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    I did the http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/beginner-fullbody-workout.html at the gym tonight + 20 minutes of cardio and it felt awesome! thanks so much for the suggestion!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • fitandgeeky
    Options
    I did the http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/beginner-fullbody-workout.html at the gym tonight + 20 minutes of cardio and it felt awesome! thanks so much for the suggestion!

You're welcome. I started with that then upped the weight for lower reps. I also added some assistance work too.
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great Job :)
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I see you've crossed over from the dark side... Welcome to the world of weight lifting!!
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wow thats a lot of change in 3 weeks...I have been lifting also but of course I have a lot of layers of fat still lol
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    my life changed when I started weight lifting.... my body, my attitude and I felt sooooo much better.

Way to go you look AMAZING!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Great results !! I am on week 2 of Stronglifts and already see some progress too. How did you measure you're bodyfat?
    Keep it up !!
  • fitandgeeky
    Options
    Great results !! I am on week 2 of Stronglifts and already see some progress too. How did you measure you're bodyfat?
    Keep it up !!

I don't have calipers yet, I just used one of those crappy online calculators that takes several measurements. I have a feeling it's off. You look great btw. What's your bf at? I'm shooting for 20% and could care less what the scale says at this point. Still have a ways to go.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I don't have calipers yet, I just used one of those crappy online calculators that takes several measurements. I have a feeling it's off. You look great btw. What's your bf at? I'm shooting for 20% and could care less what the scale says at this point. Still have a ways to go.
    [/quote]

Thanks. I have no clue, I need to measure. Right now I am just assuming as long as I keep lifting it will keep going down LOL
  • fitandgeeky
    Options

Thanks. I have no clue, I need to measure. Right now I am just assuming as long as I keep lifting it will keep going down LOL

Exactly!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Great results :flowerforyou: - even if the body fat measurements are off the pictures tell the true story. Amazing after three weeks :bigsmile:
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting what you have been doing. Awesome information!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I just started stronglifts. Hope I can see results as quickly!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!