Running playlist

Options
Need some suggestions folks. I have had the same playlist for way too long. I'm not a hardcore rap guy but I'm open-minded to trying new songs. What do you listen to when you run? I need something with a good steady pace that is fairly quick. I'm coming back from injury so only at a 9:00-9:30 mile but aim to get back to the 7:30-8:00 mile I had been running and need suitable tunes. Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    No one?? Come on now...help a guy out!!!
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    Bump one more time....
  • stanthemovieman
    Options
    If you have an iPod or iPhone, there's an app called Podrunner (I'm not sure if there's one for Android). It is various types of techno music at various BPM that all run for about an hour. The app is free but there is a paid upgrade that lets you adjust the BPM and skip the announcement at the beginning of each track. They put out a new track on average every two weeks and have done so since 2009 so there's over 100. They vary in tempo and style but there's probably something you'd find helpful among all of them.
  • mreardon614
    Options
    Sorry, no advice. I listen to audio books when I work out, but I'll bump your post for you. Good luck!
  • Renee81170
    Renee81170 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started using spotify.. and I typed in Imma Be (Black Eyed Peas) I was so pumped up!! Every song made me want to keep going.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    I should add that I run with an iPod, but not a phone so I don't think Spotify would work for me. And I'm willing to broaden my musical horizons, but I am NOT a techno guy. Thanks for that suggestion though man.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    My playlist is all over the map. Nickleback, Dave Mathews, eminem, limp bizkit , the stones, cee lo green, creed
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If you run with a smart phone, I really like Pandora.com. There's an 80s workout station and "Eye of the Tiger" and other such oldies are a fun switch. There are all sorts of stations there. Pick an artist, and it will produce other "similars".

I tend to enjoy Toby Mac, so that's always a hit for me. I turn on Diverse City and hit "genius" to get other "like tempo" songs that pair with it.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Another possibility is there are playlists on iTunes...you might find other runners. Click, see what you like, buy. ???

I'll look at others on my playlist on my next run day and come post any that stand out. Icing my knees at the moment. LOL My teens find better music than I do. They filter out the yuck stuff for me and have pretty good taste.
  • stanthemovieman
    Options
    Another idea is to just go through the music you already have and create a new playlist from that. I had a "jogging" playlist of about 3 hours worth of music that I just culled from my full library. It took some time and a little trial and error on the BPM but it was a pretty good list that I now must rebuild because I went from an iPod to an iPhone.
  • haanmom
    haanmom Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I tend toward hip hop and pop when I run so I don't know if you'll like any of these but since you haven't gotten many specific song recommendations I figured I'd give it a try...

Time to Win - Down With Webster
    Till I Collapse - Eminem
    Here It Goes Again - OK Go
    Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
    Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons
    Quiet Dog - Mos Def
    Raise Your Glass - Pink
    Afterlife - Switchfoot
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    THANK YOU haanmom!! That is what I was wanting. I will check those out. I appreciate the help. Anyone else?
  • stanthemovieman
    Options
    Alcohol - Barenaked Ladies
    All the Small Things - Blink 182
    American Idiot - Green Day
    Anna Molly - Incubus
    Basket Case - Green Day
    Beat It - Fall Out Boy
    Can't Stop - Maroon 5
    The Catalyst - Linkin Park
    Do What You Want - OK Go
    Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - The Police
    Flavor of the Weak - American Hi-Fi
    Hate to Say I Told You So - The Hives
    Just to Get Hight - Nickelback
    No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age
    Party Hard - Andrew W.K.
    Roll To Me - Del Amitri
    Shoot it Out - 10 Years
    Toxic - Britney Spears
    U + UR Hand - Pink
    When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    Thank you stan!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I should add that I run with an iPod, but not a phone so I don't think Spotify would work for me. And I'm willing to broaden my musical horizons, but I am NOT a techno guy. Thanks for that suggestion though man.

Well, I jog at grandma speed and you said you are not a techno guy, but I understand how a good beat can get you going.
    I like '80s new wave. Not all of it is techno and it has funky beats.
    Just this old lady's two cents...
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I use rock my run! Love their playlists. You can get a varied range of music http://www.rockmyrun.com/
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i have a couple of playlists on my blog if you want to go have a look

http://lifeofanoniongirl.wordpress.com

i also love rockmyrun and gymdj mixes too.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    http://jog.fm/ can help you find good music for the tempo you choose.
  • Trimi
    Trimi Posts: 57
    Options
    Techno can be defined in many ways, so there's that. I myself use Nokia Music on a smartphone (Lumia 920). The idea is: you feed it three musicians you like/listen to, and based on that, it gives you a whole host of new - and related - music. I also use Spotify from time to time, and prefer to listen to the likes of Thievery Corporation, DJ Shadow, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Tosca, Bob Dylan, Placebo, Kings of Convenience, Nick Drake, etc.