I need some go to meals

Options
I can never get full. I need some go to meals that will fill me up. im looking for breakfasts around 300 cals and lunch/dinner around 500 each. do you have any go to meals that fill you up well? please share

Replies

• mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think you need to look at this "diet" differently. Instead of expecting to get full with every meal, make it a goal to feel satisfied at every meal. Even if that means adding in a healthy snack between meals. Maybe taking on a new perspective will help....:happy:
  • hellothere1212
    Options
    I understand I dont need to be stuffed after every meal, i just am looking for foods that will optimize my satisfaction. sometimes i eat and im hungry an hour later
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    Eat an egg for breakfast. That's 60 cal and keeps you not hungry until lunch. Of course eat that with anything under 240 cals. Whole wheat toast or oatmeal could work, or some fruit with cottage cheese.

Lunch. soups and salads ( if mostly veggies, not thise some lettuce with tons of non vegetables on top you get eating out) tend to be less calories, but both the large amount of broth and lettuce/veggies fill you up, while the protein ( lean chicken?) keeps you feeling not hungry.

Another thing I notice is that as you log all your calories, you get an idea what everything is worth. If I eat a wrap or a burrito, I noticed the tortilla is 140 calories. I now either skip it or fill it overfull so I do not need to eat that much calories for just a stupid thing that holds the food together.

Sorry for not providing exact recipes, but I hope that is a start.
  • haley255
    haley255 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Grape Nuts or multigrain cheerios with soy milk
    or oatmeal.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i don't like feeling full at breakfast so can't help there.

Dinners - my go to is usually meat (a chicken breast is my fave) on the George Foreman grill, topped with salsa and served with salad and maybe a pita bread.

Oh and also, I just had pasta, but i mixed in shirataki noodles with the regular pasta to give twice as much 'pasta' to the dish for no extra cals
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I love eggs for breakfast! I usually make eggs, cheese and either some deli meat/turkey bacon or (avocado if no meat) with this bread:

http://www.naturesownbread.com/products/ReducedCalorieBreads/40Calorie9Grain/

Usually hovers in the 300 cal range.
  • kmw899
    kmw899 Posts: 41
    Options
    Here's my main go to meals.

Protein shake with frozen banana. Around 300 calories.

Oatmeal with ground flax and sugar free syrup. About 335.

100 calorie Flat Out flat bread with grilled chicken (or ham), cheese, lots of spinach, honey mustard and sometimes half an avocado. Around 300-400 calories depending on cheese or avocado.

2 slices whole wheat toast with half an avocado on eat side. Salt and pepper on top. Around 360 calories.

Things I can't remember the calories for off the top of my head, grilled chicken, quinoa, and steamed or sauteed broccoli. Broiled terriyaki chicken.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I can never get full. I need some go to meals that will fill me up. im looking for breakfasts around 300 cals and lunch/dinner around 500 each. do you have any go to meals that fill you up well? please share

I have the same problem. I work afternoons and find if I don't eat enough at dinner I am to hungry to sleep lol. Spaghetti bolognaise is a good one. Just be careful with the amount of pasta. I am looking at making some stews and using the slow cooker as the cool weather comes here. It's easy to eat 500 cals of junk , but you want it to be healthy.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I found this really difficult to start with too. I now have try to eat every two to three hours which I found has really helped. I still eat breakfast, lunch and dinner but then eat good snacks, like fresh fruit, dried fruit, cereal bars, etc, in between. I keep track of all my meals both on here and on my food diary blog, which has links to images and recipes and might give you some inspiration - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com :) Ax
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

I have the same problem. I work afternoons and find if I don't eat enough at dinner I am to hungry to sleep lol. Spaghetti bolognaise is a good one. Just be careful with the amount of pasta. I am looking at making some stews and using the slow cooker as the cool weather comes here. It's easy to eat 500 cals of junk , but you want it to be healthy.

if i'm really hungry i use half pasta, half shirataki noodles. Seems to work for me.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I make all my meals for breakfast and lunch in advance and freeze in individual serves, feel free to add me and look at my food diary. I eat pretty much the same stuff every day, but then I am mostly concerned with 'bang for my buck'... lots of protein, something thats going to fill me up and give me energy.
    1 egg for breakfast and I would die!!!!!!
    And who cares if you want to feel full, I cant stand being hungry, its the most miserable thing ever.
    I want to get through my day, not be dragging my feet coz all I can think about it how hungry I am, or fear of being hungry.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I've found that adding a TON of greens to dinner makes it more filling. A cup of broccoli (or my frozen mixed veggies that I always get and eat all the time) is only 40 calories and has fiber to fill you up. Start adding more vegetables, especially dark greens!
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    bump
  • nicolekhawthorne
    nicolekhawthorne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here's a really great, really quick meal that will fill you up: grilled chicken wrap with Caesar dressing. I made this up just tonight, and came out to about 300 cal/ serving.

1 serving (2 wraps)= 2 tortillas, 2 tbsp dressing, 1 chicken breast, however much lettuce you want

You'll need something like a George Foreman grill for the chicken

Ingredients:
    1. Get the Kraft "Sizzlin' Salads Chicken Caesar Dinner Kit" (comes with Caesar dressing and marinade)
    2. boneless, skinless chicken breast
    3. Romaine lettuce
    4. whole wheat tortillas (6")

Directions:
    1. cut your chicken breast into strips, put them in a bowl, and coat with however much marinade you want to use
    2. place the strips on the grill, and pour any remaining marinade in the bowl on top of them. Let them cook until done
    3. If you choose, you can brown your tortillas with a little butter (adds about 25 calories if you use lowfat butter)
    4. cut your chicken into cubes, and add to your tortillas with lettuce and salad dressing
    5. Enjoy (it's SO good)!

Finish it off with a zero calorie single drink mix in a bottle of water or two!
    I made 4 for my husband (added a little shredded cheese), and he KILLED it lol