How Long Did It Take You To Lose 100 Lbs?

Options

Replies

• debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    A year for me and I have managed to maintain for almost a full year now.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to join your ranks! You all look amazing!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    10 months to shed 100 pounds, another 6 for about 40 more to include a lot of body recomposition. I let food and fitness take a backseat to other stuff in life for a while and I'm currently about 15-20 pounds heavier than in the "after" pictures, but I've maintained around 125 pounds lost for well over a year.
    timeline11.jpg

Eat healthy, exercise, hydrate, rest, and be patient. Those were my "tricks" for getting fit.

I'd like to lose about 5-10 pounds again and drop a few more BF% but don't have any desire to be as thin as I was at my lowest weight.

they say MNT is the hardest part!!! looks like your still in Pro catagory with that 125 for over a year now!!! WOOT! Congrats!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Wow! All of you look amazing!!! Congratulations to everyone!!! :happy: :wink: :heart:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    i'm down 85 pounds in 7 months, My goal is to be done in 9 months! I GOT this! but i definately work for it (My HRM says i spent 876 hours working out last week for a total of 9436 calories. And this is pretty much how every week has been for the last 6 months.
    You better get a new HRM, because there are only 168 hours in a week. If it can't even keep track of time, I wouldn't trust the calorie burn estimates!
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    ping
    Yeah Buddy. LOL. I guess I am a computer geek :laugh: I thought that was awesome :drinker:

All y'all (never been down south but I just like saying it once and a great while) are Amazing. I can't wait till I melt off the 100 pounds :wink:
  • sweetysmum
    sweetysmum Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wow you all look fantastic, I have such a long way to go and it seems to be taking forever.
  • jigsaw_gd
    jigsaw_gd Posts: 30
    Options
    Really inspiring thread - thanks for sharing!!!
  • mtc5995
    mtc5995 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I want to congratulate all of you on your life changing transformations. I look forward to being there too. I started one week ago and down only 6 pounds but its 6 closer to my goal of losing 150 by May 2014. Everyone one of you are very inspiring. Hope to join your ranks in 15 months.

Becky
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    12 weeks with pic www.borgiesjourney.com

beforeafterab_zpsaa43f017.jpg
  • Ben_1960
    Ben_1960 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100 lb from my highest weight (Nov 2011) but since I started in earnest on 29th December 2012 I've lost 77lb in 10 weeks.

No pics until I reach my goal weight!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Been at it about 3 years so far.

before_after_xmas_2012.jpg
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    I wont be posting any pics until my goal of 150 but I went from 310 to 210 in 9 months. From last April to this Jan.
  • rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 years. My current weight is 143.4lbs.

15myczk.jpg
    2v8iuxv.jpg

You look AMAZING!!! 20 years younger also!

Thank you so much! It actually took me longer because I didn't knew about MFP. When I started this journey I started to eat healthy and running from time to time. Now I run 45-60 minutes and do strenght training too. :D
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is awesome! I can't wait to reach that 100 pounds myself. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • SaMiE2013DiEtINg
    SaMiE2013DiEtINg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    yeah u all look fantastic :) well done! very inspirational roll on the day i can say iv lost 100+lbs xx
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 years. My current weight is 143.4lbs.

15myczk.jpg
    2v8iuxv.jpg

Thank goodness! I was mentally beating myself up because I have only lost 24 pounds in just over six months and get depressed when I compare myself to people who have done 100 pounds in a year. I reckon it will take me a total of 2 - 2.5 years to lose a full 100 pounds. I am in my early 50s but that should be no excuse.

Well done and thanks for posting this....And you all look fabulous!
  • lizstyles2013
    lizstyles2013 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow looking good congratulations :)
  • dietpepsi100
    dietpepsi100 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    approaching my year anniversary as to when I began my lifestyle change. April 4th will be a year. As to the person that said pictures must be included or it did not happen that is your thought. For me I am not on here to make anyone prove anything to me. Its a helpful site for people to get encouragement and advice. Keep up the positive thoughts and keep moving forward. Little steps everyday add up to big losses over time!
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Thank goodness! I was mentally beating myself up because I have only lost 24 pounds in just over six months and get depressed when I compare myself to people who have done 100 pounds in a year. I reckon it will take me a total of 2 - 2.5 years to lose a full 100 pounds. I am in my early 50s but that should be no excuse.

Well done and thanks for posting this....And you all look fabulous!

It will likely take me 2-2.5 years as well. My plan is to do it slowly, to help make the lifestyle changes stick. I also had surgery a few weeks ago, which puts things on hold for a few months, giving me time to practice maintenance while I can't exercise. I'm halfway there, so now is as good a time as any to take time for evaluation and reflection.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!