30 Day Shred

Options
Mrsjaybob
Mrsjaybob Posts: 156 Member
I am 50 - (OMG) I remember when I used to think that that was old, now, not so much!
I'm 5'8", weigh 148 this morning.
I did most of the 63 days of Insanity last Spring.
I have now started Jillian Michael's the 30 Day shred and am on day 7 of level 1.

I like the 30DS workouts! They're not as long or grueling as the Insanity workouts. I figure 30DS is more effective and efficient because so far, I can "do" the 30DS workouts and with Insanity I was frequently a puddle of goo sucking wind on the floor while Sean T and Tonya just kept on going.

I found a thread here (closed now) about 30 Day Shred results and it motivated me to take before pics (yuk). We'll see what the next three weeks bring! Hopefully this post and anyone who responds will help to keep me motivated and accountable!

I eat pretty well, except when I just have to feed my sweet tooth - my downfall! I follow the Insanity meal plan and really like it for the most part. According to MFP I'm at 1300 calories per day. Most days I do pretty well.

Anyone else want to join me in the 30 Day Shred? Would love to have some company!

Replies

• LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'll join?
    When are you starting?

I have her 30 day shred, shred it with weights and her killer abs dvd.

I don't have the Insanity workouts but do have the P90X dvd kit.. (think maybe it's the first one?)
  • LoriDiane2
    LoriDiane2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, 5'7", 143 pounds. I have done a couple of rounds of Insanity too and felt the same way--dying out of pure exhaustion several times throughout the workout! I am on Level 2: Day 10 of 30 day shred and I really like it. It is very doable and effective. I did not take before pictures but have noticed quite a difference. I haven't lost weight because of it, but I have toned up gained energy. Good luck!!
  • Mrsjaybob
    Options
    I'll join?
    When are you starting?

I have her 30 day shred, shred it with weights and her killer abs dvd.

I don't have the Insanity workouts but do have the P90X dvd kit.. (think maybe it's the first one?)

Would love to have you workout along! I started last week Saturday, so am on day 7. Planning to do 10 days at each level unless I feel I need to do more than 10 days on a level to do it justice.
  • Mrsjaybob
    Options
    I'm 43, 5'7", 143 pounds. I have done a couple of rounds of Insanity too and felt the same way--dying out of pure exhaustion several times throughout the workout! I am on Level 2: Day 10 of 30 day shred and I really like it. It is very doable and effective. I did not take before pictures but have noticed quite a difference. I haven't lost weight because of it, but I have toned up gained energy. Good luck!!

I have NEVER taken before pictures. I am hoping that I will be glad I did at the end! I have not lost any weight yet, and am not really hung up by what the scale says. I'd just like to feel comfortable in a bikini this summer!
    I also have Ripped in 30 and may do that after I complete 30DS
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Started it yesterday, level 1, day 1 and thought I was going die, LOL!!
  • Mrsjaybob
    Options

Glad to have you!
  • Colress
    Colress Posts: 5
    Options
    I have the DVD, I started last summer but I guess I forgot after a week or something.
    I'll give it a shot again since this reminded me :happy:
  • Mrsjaybob
    Options
    I have the DVD, I started last summer but I guess I forgot after a week or something.
    I'll give it a shot again since this reminded me :happy:

Welcome aboard!
  • heathercarver96
    heathercarver96 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just started Wednesday! Did it for 2 days straight. Took a break yesterday. I tried 30DS a couple of years ago and felt like I was going to puke afterwards. I have been mildly exercising this past few months and happy to say I did not feel like puking this time around. LOL!

PS. How are y'all documenting this in the exercise daily log?
  • Mrsjaybob
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 done.

I'm documenting as Low Impact Aerobics. Some are doing Circuit Training and some are doing Curves Circuit Training.
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    I had started it about a week ago. Unfortunately I got the flu and that has about wiped out my energy. Feeling better now so I guess I'll be starting over from day1 this weekend.
  • haley255
    haley255 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 so I'm right there with you :)
  • Mrsjaybob
    Options
    Awesome! Nice to know someone at the same spot as me Haley.

Wanting2bskinny- hope you are feeling better and ready to shred with us!
  • heathercarver96
    heathercarver96 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 done.

I'm documenting as Low Impact Aerobics. Some are doing Circuit Training and some are doing Curves Circuit Training.

Thanks!
  • allaizagem
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 Level 1 of the 30DS workout.. so far so good, it is doable and you can really feel the changes with your strength and body.. I hope I can finish this challenge.. :)
  • hjkcollins
    Options
    Mrsjaybob, Good for you doing insanity, i completed it myself and at the age of 43 I never thought I would have done such a workout, it is quit grueling. Its great to not feel my age and knowing that I am that much more physically fit because of insanity and p90x puts a smile to my face.

As for motivation, keep telling yourself that YOU CAN DO IT and Do Your best! Getting healthy and fit is a lifestyle change and I have found in the past 3 years of my journey of losing 118lbs that you have to just do it!! Keep up the great work and put our why in front of you when you feel like you have no motivation!!! Heidi
  • xtinaaj
    xtinaaj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im also on day 8 level 1! :)
  • Pottermouse
    Pottermouse Posts: 15 Member
    Options

That was me this morning!
  • Mrsjaybob
    Options
    Level 1 Day 8 done.
    I made it all the way to the end of the first push up segment and five into the second before I had to change to modified. My form is ok except that I don't get down to far!
  • haley255
    haley255 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 10 today!
    So excited to start level 2 tomorrow!