What to order to drink at Starbucks

Options
Going with my mom today, but I've been trying to stay away. What should I order, if I'm staying away from sugar/carbs. I don't want to go overboard on fat either. I usually get venti white chocolate mocha with the whip, but made with non-fat milk.

Replies

• healthby40
    healthby40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know that that is still probably a lot of calories.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    A skinny iced mocha is pretty low in cals I believe
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The skinny frappe options are always good. Or I usually get an skinny iced carmel machiatto. The starbucks website has all of the nutrition info and you can add the milk you want and with or without whip. : ) You'll find something!
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Coffee, plain
  • mwelch0212
    Options
    If you still want something frou-frou-y, their grande skinny ice caramel machiato is 140 calories. Hot is 120, or something like that.
  • witchieboo
    witchieboo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It is okay to treat yourself sometimes just don't do it everyday. Make sure you do some exercise before or after to make up the calories. You can check starbucks online before you go.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    latte with 0% milk
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I just take my coffee black and no sugar now. Not that I've ever taken sugar but I've weaned myself even off having lattes or cappuccinos now.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Cafe mocha with whipped cream.

If I just want regular coffee I can make that at home.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    The white chocolate mocha w/ or w/out whip cream is a serious calorie investment. I don't consider consuming a lot of calories "bad" on it's own. True, these are nutritionally vacant or "empty" calories because you're basically eating a cup of sugar and fat, with only a little protein, but still, calories in are only bad if they're more than how many your body needs.

Check out this site that grades different popular Starbucks drinks based on their nutritional value and calorie count:
    http://caloriecount.about.com/starbucks-coffee-nutrition-m4

I would suggest getting a black coffee. If you really want to add some exciting flavor, ask them to add 1 or 2 pumps of your favorite syrup flavor -- coconut or mint are yummy. Then add a little bit of skim milk yourself. Done and done.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Going with my mom today, but I've been trying to stay away. What should I order, if I'm staying away from sugar/carbs. I don't want to go overboard on fat either. I usually get venti white chocolate mocha with the whip, but made with non-fat milk.

Black coffee. :)
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    Why not just a herbal tea?
  • feebz36
    feebz36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey! I work at starbucks so know how calorific it can be! My fave is a skinny peppermint white mocha, but that has two servings of syrup so not good!!! The least calorific things are the regular teas, there is Chai (not the chai late!), vanilla rooibos, chamomile, hibiscus, earl grey, english breakfast and then green, green with mint or green with jasmine orange. They have no added sugar etc so are sin free. If you want sweet coffee without the calories they have sugar free vanilla and sugar free hazelnut. You can have a skinny caramel mac with sugar free syrup, a tall has about 105 calories. Alternatively ask for a short size, thats what I used to drink if I wanted something naughty! If you are used to necking venti's then a short wont touch the sides, so see how you feel. My standard "thin" drink was a venti iced spearmint green tea.

Dont eat anything, there is nothing much in my work less than about 500 cals. Even the "skinny" muffins have about 400!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Go online and check their menu, that way you'll know exactly what to order when asked. Good Luck n have a wonderful time with your Mom.....you're so lucky to have time with her, treasure it. :happy: :smile:
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The white chocolate mocha is probably one of the HIGHEST calorie drinks on their menu, even if you get it without whip and non-fat milk. (270 calories for a tall non-fat, no whip)

I love the Cinnamon Dolce Latte (tall, no whip, non-fat, 160 calories ). I get the tall size because 1) Caffiene is my enemy; I get very sick from too much, 2) it gives me the satisfaction of having something sweet without going overboard, and 3) who needs 20 oz of mostly empty calories? The cinnamon dolce reminds me of eating cinnamon coffee cake ^-^

EDIT: Before I get questioned for "Why not just get decaf or half-caf?", I don't like Starbucks decaf. Leaves a WEIRD taste in my mouth.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Grande skinny vanilla latte is my drink of choice. 120 calories.
  • treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I usually get iced coffee with sugar free vanilla syrup & soy milk. It's less than 100 calories.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    A skinny vanilla latte is 120 calories for the 16-ounce size, and has 12g protein from the skim milk plus 40% of your daily calcium. That's my go-to hot drink at Starbucks when I want something more festive than black coffee.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A skinny iced mocha is pretty low in cals I believe

Yep. 100 calories. That's another good one for summer.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Iced Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte is 60 calories. I usually go for decaf iced tea but if I am really craving coffee, that's my go-to.