Stomach fat? HELP!

Options
Hey guys

i havent been on for ages due to no internet lol but really need some help

Ive done amazing with my diet and now im down from 12st 8lbs to 10st 10lbs. Ive dropped a jean size and my legs are looking fabulous. My body fat percentage is now in the healthy range for a woman and my BMI is really close to being healthy.

However, no fat has come off my stomach? I still look around 7/8 months pregnant and this is really worrying me. My main aim was to get rid of that horrible stomach fat.

Is there anything i could do or eat that would help get rid of it? Ive only got to lose 1.5st to get to my goal weight

xx

Replies

• LisaMia66
    LisaMia66 Posts: 45
    Options
    Eating more lean protein, vegetables and whole grains helps a lot. Eliminating refined sugars and grains is very important. Are you doing enough cardio? If so, just make sure you mix it up by running, high impact aerobics, HIIT workouts, elliptical and whatever gets your heart rate up. And be sure to drinks a lot of water to help flush your system naturally. Those have all helped me considerably.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That was my concern as well... Thanks ^^^^ :)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Going low carb or paleo may be helpful. Stomach fat is indicative of insulin resistance. This means that you need to avoid high glycemic carbs such as starches, grains, and sweets. Also stay away from high calorie beverages and beer. Instead of grain foods, perhaps try eating more beans. I like to have black beans with my eggs in the morning, I put white beans in meat loaf and soups. I use garbanzo beans in just about everything! Beans are not only high in fiber, they are also high in protein and great for people trying to get into shape.

I know beans aren't "paleo," but believe they are very helpful when you are insulin resistant to stay satisfied and full all day long.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I noticed you didn't say anything about exercise. You can becomr "skinnyfat" if you lose weight from diet alone without exercise.

Paleo, high car, low carb, will make no difference in your stomach if you aren't exercising.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Check out Wheat Belly... don't know if you have these symptoms or not....but check it out.

Also - your thyroid might be sluggish. You can check that out on Web MD.

Look at Metabollic Effect - good place for great info.

Metabollic Syndrome - for folks who hold their weight in their mid section....

I have totally abstained from any grain, including alcohol, and that has really helped a TON.

Not sure of your age, but perhaps your hormones could be holding you back?

Slow metabolism?

Be your own detective - find what works/doesn't work for you....blah blah blah, right???? :) Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your diary, is it accurate on the days you logged? According to it you have been eating 300 calories or less a day?
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    thanks everyone
    no my diary aint correct lol i havent been logging correctly due to lack of internet haha
    I am on a really low carb diet and im eating loads of lean protein
    Im going to start my exercise regeim next week which i look forward too :D
    Thanks for all the advice and help im going to look up those conditions now xx
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You've been losing well and I doubt you have any of the diseases mentioned or probably a wheat allergy either. Belly fat is usually the last to go and tightening up your core muscles will also help with making your belly look smaller. I have no idea why anyone would suggest you have any type of disorder based on the information you gave!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    weight isn't the only indicator of fitness. my sister weighs 130 pounds and has a totally flat stomach, wears a US size 0-2 because she hits the gym for both cardio and strength several times a week for several years. yet her friend who is the same height and weight still looks pudgy, because she has more fat, less muscle.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    The human body was never designed to have ripped 6 pack like we do today. You have to get your total body fat percentage lower in order to lose stomach fat because fat loss isn't target-able. Food choices like wheat and dairy can sometimes cause excess bloating, but that's not fat. Incorrect hip alignment can also make your stomach look like it protrudes more than it does. If you do planks it'll help keep your body in line so that your butt doesn't look pushed out at the same time your stomach is pushed the other direction.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Start strength training.

Eat at a deficit.

The fat will go.

Whether you eat paleo, low carb, or cut out milk, wheat and dairy or do planks aren't going to "target" your belly fat.

Unfortunately you can't spot reduce.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Start strength training.

Eat at a deficit.

The fat will go.

Whether you eat paleo, low carb, or cut out milk, wheat and dairy or do planks aren't going to "target" your belly fat.

This. You're just going to have to lose more weight. Your stomach and thigh fat tend to be the last places to shed the fat
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Start strength training.

Eat at a deficit.

The fat will go.

This. You're just going to have to lose more weight. Your stomach and thigh fat tend to be the last places to shed the fat

This is the correct answer.
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone you have been a great help
    What is strength training?x
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Lifting weights. You can do body weight exercises or lift weights to build muscle.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Start strength training.

Eat at a deficit.

The fat will go.

I agree
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly 1.5 stone is over 20 lbs. I would bet a fair amount of that will come off your stomach. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm still 42 lbs away from my goal weight.. but I am worried about my belly fat also. I am working on cutting out all of the pasta's and whole wheat stuff I've been eating. I've had this belly and I've been overweight/ obese for my entire life. I've always had pasta's and starchy stuff with all of my meals growing up.. You can add me as a friend =) I've had a hard time this week and I've got some really good friends on my page, you should also look through the thread I posted.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/924974-success-with-this-belly

There was lots of good advice on there for me =)
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Check out:
    http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/nrol-for-women
    http://startingstrength.com/
    http://stronglifts.com/
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/

Any of those can give you a solid foundational strength program to start out with. Strength training while eating at a deficit is really important because it helps to retain and develop your current lean body mass, which is important to your metabolic process. Again, like everyone else has said, spot reduction doesn't work, but if you can develop your current LBM and continue to eat at a healthy deficit (Not too low!), you should see results.
  • LisaMia66
    LisaMia66 Posts: 45
    Options
    Eating more lean protein, vegetables and whole grains helps a lot. Eliminating refined sugars and grains is very important. Are you doing enough cardio? If so, just make sure you mix it up by running, high impact aerobics, HIIT workouts, elliptical and whatever gets your heart rate up. And be sure to drinks a lot of water to help flush your system naturally. Those have all helped me considerably.
    I haven't done any of this...
    It's helped me immensely. I was glancing at myself in the mirror last week and noticed that my stomach is definitely flatter. My weight has slowed down but I'm still losing inches. Not everyone loses in the same way so you just have to keep trying different methods to see what works best for you.