Still Learning…And still making progress. 95 pounds gone!

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
I've been at this fitness thing a while and it's been interesting to continue learn and try new things along the way. My scale had been pretty much stuck for about 5 or 6 months. I’m not really a big believer in the plateau theory (at least in my case), it was more a case of me letting my foot off the gas some.

For the new year, I set some goals to try some new things, outside of my normal comfort zone. I signed up for a 10 session groupon deal for Crossfit which I completed and really liked. I will continue to work CF workouts into my normal routine.
Next up on the list was trying a different nutrition approach. Since I've started on MFP, I've mostly followed their calorie suggestions, trying to eat healthy things and it definitely worked. I've continued to make better food choices and started eating more natural things. After some research and helpful advice from a few friends here, I decided to try the Whole30 nutrition plan. It’s basically a cousin of the Paleo diet and the evil step brother of the Atkins program.

Well, that worked pretty good. I feel a lot better, less bloated, and some of my usual aches and pains seem to be going away. More importantly, I lost 17 pounds in 30 days! Thank you! I will take it! Needless, to say I’m feeling the love for the high protein, low carbs eating program - call me Captain Caveman!

A pic from around the time I started and a pic from last week....
a9aa130d-c00c-4c1f-8aa0-832b815928b7_zpsb41ee778.jpg

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Rock sir! You look awesome!
  • Neria1235
    Neria1235 Posts: 23
    Options
    That is awesome! You look great!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    As always you are an inspiration! Great progress photos! :D
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Keep it upu!! You look GREAT!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Thanks folks!
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You both have gotten smaller!! Hehe
    You have done an incredible job Beef. You continue to inspire me' to lose my last 20 lbs!!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    You both have gotten smaller!! Hehe
    You have done an incredible job Beef. You continue to inspire me' to lose my last 20 lbs!!

Thank you Hot Momma! You inspire me too....Your 20 and my 50, we got this. :bigsmile:
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing Job
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational Beef, you've worked your *kitten* off and it shows!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    What a huge difference
    you looking amazing my friend :)
    keep rockin it!!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    congrats!I am half way through my second whole 30.nice to see some great progress!good luck with the rest of your journey
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Very inspirational Beef, you've worked your *kitten* off and it shows!

Thanks & right back at ya. :-)
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    congrats!I am half way through my second whole 30.nice to see some great progress!good luck with the rest of your journey

Thanks! Good luck to you too!
  • ChefSchnauzer
    ChefSchnauzer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's just GREAT!, thanks for the example and I'm sure your family is grateful too.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Beef, you did amazing. And Whole30 isn't just a cousin of Paleo. It's a super strict cousin. No cheating. No "Paleo treats". Just 30 days of hard core healthy eating and not an easy task to accomplish. But you did it, and your results are inspiring.

You're a great friend and I enjoy watching you succeed and motivate others along the way.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    amazing results.. you look soooo much healthier!! you lost a chin! .. a 6th grader! backpack and all!! lol :drinker:
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Beef, you did amazing. And Whole30 isn't just a cousin of Paleo. It's a super strict cousin. No cheating. No "Paleo treats". Just 30 days of hard core healthy eating and not an easy task to accomplish. But you did it, and your results are inspiring.

You're a great friend and I enjoy watching you succeed and motivate others along the way.

Thank you! You are a great friend as well and a GREAT source of information! :drinker:
  • reanp0413
    Options
    Great job!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!