Ladies - how often do you...

Options
Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
wash your bras? Not your sports bra, but your "I wear to work, school, every day wear" bra?

As I only have 2 bras that fit now (due to weight/inches lost), I alternate wearing them, and wash them once a week (after about 3 wears each).

What about you?

Replies

• dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I wear mine twice and they go in the wash I couldnt wear them more. Id get too grossed out
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I wear mine twice and they go in the wash

Yep.
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I wash mine once a week, but I don't work out in them,,,just wear them to work.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Yup, 2 or 3 times. Any more than that and the fibers wear out. Also, I hand wash.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of them, so I'd say about two times each. I try to work out in the "dirtiest" ones first, if that makes sense. Usually I wear a regular bra under my sports bra (the bra I had on for work) and I will wash those right after I work out. Basically, if I sweat like crazy in it, I wash it.
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    On average I have three 'staple' bras that are just plain-jane that I wear to work during the week. So I guess I switch to a new bra every two days, and Sunday is usually a no-bra day as I lounge around and do laundry.
  • xTJSx
    xTJSx Posts: 106
    Options
    I wash mine daily ... whats so different about a bra to the rest of your clothes like socks etc ?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I wash mine once a week, but I don't work out in them,,,just wear them to work.

:noway:

Really?

Aren't they a little similar to under shirts?

I'd have to wash my undershirt more than once a week.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Depends if I have been sweating in them. Regular daily bras, I wear twice, just bought 4 new ones. Sports bras, only once as i tend to sweat a lot when working out.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I have about 5 bras and do laundry 2x per week. I wear a clean one everyday, and would feel nasty if I didn't. That's just me, of course. To each her own.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I wash mine daily ... whats so different about a bra to the rest of your clothes like socks etc ?

This. Not washing them everyday seems... yucky.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    To be honest.. Not so often. I have about 4 bras I use often, and I don't have a particular time to wash them: I wash them when I think they need a wash (if they have a small or don't look clean).

Of course if I sweat they go right in the wash.. But that really doesn't happen too often.
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    Usually 2 wearings and I feel like they're funky. They're right up against my skin and I do tend to sweat under the band.

The reason I try for multiple wearings is that I don't have enough to go one per day and last over my 1 time weekly laundry routine. That is, I don't have 7 that work with what I want to wear. I have more than 7 bras, but some are old and stretched out, some are the wrong color for the shirt I want to wear that day ( only white bras unworn, but I want to wear a black shirt...)
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    On a side note, why are bras so darn expensive? I've never understood it.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    After I wear them 2-3 times. But only if I didn't sweat or anything in them. If I sweat in them, I wash them right away.
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a regular bra 2 times and then wash. I have a special "bra keeper" thing that goes in the washing machine that lets me wash them without destroying them. Then I hang them dry.

For sports bras.. I wear them once (along with all of my workout clothes) and they go into the hamper.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    On a side note, why are bras so darn expensive? I've never understood it.

i know right!!! mostly its with the bigger sizes.. but why should i be punished for being blessed with voluptous breasts?? LOL
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My regular bras are hand wash only, I was them after 2 wears. My sports bras get washed after every use as they get sweaty and gross quickly.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Twice is my max, and only once if I wore it on a "grunge" day - a day when I was staying home all day and didn't work out and didn't bother to shower. :P (Hey, as the mom of a three-year-old, showers are sometimes a luxury I can't afford! Haha.) I wash them with my regular clothes, but I don't put them in the dryer. It helps keep them nice longer if you lay them flat to dry, I read somewhere.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    every day...