alcohol?

Options
2»

Replies

• ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I usually get hammered drunk once a week. That usually consists of 8-10 beers and 6-8 jager bombs. I just put it in my diary for the week and try and cut down a few hundred during the week on other days so it generally works its self out on a weekly average. Just don't weigh yourself 2-3 days after a binge lol its kinda depressing! haha!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I drink several times a week. That's the next thing I really need to cut back on. Just graduated from college so once I move out of this crazy town, there won't be as many opportunities.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Maybe once every week or so, and i do it in moderation, so like a few glasses of wine/beer
  • 180trigoal
    Options
    alcohol is wasting calories

I DO NOT agree with this. Alcohol is absolutely necessary in my book. I plan my drinking calories before my food usually, and I have to say that since I have lost weight, I've become a cheap drunk. I can't drink like I used to, so now I do quality vs. quantity. Normally I plan one drink a day, but I don't always drink it, sometimes those planned calories get converted into chocolate.

yep. pretty much.

drink up! cheers! :drinker:

mbally omygosh...not flirting, seriously, but you look great!
  • kayleepie
    kayleepie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters when or how much you drink as long as you fit it into your calories. If I'm planning to go out at night I will do extra exercise during the day so that I have plenty of cals left over. Also, I like to plan how much I can drink before I go out so I know when to stop myself. And alternating alcohol with water or sugar free soft drink helps reduce the amount I drink.
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Often - I love wine. Often enough lately that I know I need more moderation - I can drink inexpensive pino grigio like it's water! I do keep it in my calorie limits but I know it's empty calories and my body needs food.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a 12 pack of Stella Artois or Peroni as a weekly baseline of beer drinking. Plus whatever I drank with friends and family. When I realized I wanted to lose weight i asked a younger guy at work how he did it..he said he stopped drinking beer. I felt like my face got slapped...I thought i couldn't do it. But then I tried it for two weeks and lost 10lbs...Of course that was the noob water retention and what not, but honestly I didn't miss it one bit. I have no cravings for beer or alcohol, and during vacation I had a few beers, and I thought...This is what all the fuss is about? I would rather work on having flat abs than drink alcohol. Give that garbage up. On social occaisions i hold the same drink in my hand all night, and then i start pounding the carbonated water, lol.