Disappointed.

Options
2»

Replies

• carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your mind can play tricks on you. Do you have any 'before' and 'after' photos to compare? Did you have to buy new clothes because the old ones were hanging loose? 30 pounds is a lot of weight, but I suspect your unhappiness is rooted elsewhere and you are trying to make yourself happy by losing weight. You need to find the real cause of your unhappiness and make changes to resolve whatever the underlying issue is. Once you have done that, you will find that new happiness will spill over into other areas of your life. I wish you all the best.

This times a hundred.
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's called dysmorphia and is common, it may take time for your mind to catch up it will though and you should accept you have done great and look fab well done
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You can't base your happiness on your weight or your appearance. It sounds like there is something else going on that has nothing to do with your weight. You might try talking to someone you trust, a cleric, or get counseling to find out what it is that is making you unhappy. You cannot continue to lose weight forever.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue... but then i started strength training! I am soooo glad i started..
  • Arianna52
    Arianna52 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we are depressed because of other non-weight related causes, have you considered menopause?, Your Dr. may be able to determine that. Also, look at the people around you...they may be giving you lots of negativity and you might not know it.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I occasionally feel the same way. When I do, I put a measuring tape around my waist where I started and see how I'm much smaller. I can run faster, jump higher, I sleep better. Try focusing on the other positives to becoming healthy.

Also, try strength training to give your body more shape!
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    You can't base your happiness on your weight or your appearance. It sounds like there is something else going on that has nothing to do with your weight. You might try talking to someone you trust, a cleric, or get counseling to find out what it is that is making you unhappy. You cannot continue to lose weight forever.
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    I heartily agree with you there.. I'm 1/3 of the way to where I want to be and plateaued for many reasons. Not the least of the reasons was a respiratory infection that wouldn't quit or get better in spite of 3 rounds of antibiotics. The depression that went with it left me spiralling the wrong way.
    It dawned on me that I wasn't happy for other reasons. Now I'm working on both things. You need to be happy with who you are period. I intend to keep working at my goal but it no longer is "what's going to make me happy". I truly hope that can be the same for you.
    You might want to talk with someone non-judgmental and who helps counsel people all the time. There's no stigma in doing that and you might come out of it with a more profound knowledge about who you are, what you want, and what it will take for you to be happy at any weight.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we are depressed because of other non-weight related causes, have you considered menopause?, Your Dr. may be able to determine that. Also, look at the people around you...they may be giving you lots of negativity and you might not know it.

She's 19, so menopause would be unlikely...

OP, I think it's fairly common for women because we are so hard on ourselves to not see improvements. I agree with those suggesting body dismorphia could be the issue here. Best of luck to you :smile:
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I today had to put up a before and after collage and see where I started. I feel so much better after seeing it...you should try that.