1-Ingredient Ice Cream!

Options

Replies

• Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting the recipe! I just tried it tonight, and it turned out amazingly well.

I used a tiny 3-cup food processor. I only used two bananas cut into little slices and frozen for 2 hours, then I processed them on the "chop" setting (the machine I was using only had a "chop" or a "grind" setting). It came out just perfect! So delicious, and so healthy at the same time!

I need a bigger food processor so that I can make some for all of my friends. :)
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    O that looks so good!! I think Imm try it with some peanut butter in it 2night for after dinner.. THANKS for the link!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have one in freezer for this afternoon's snack--can't wait to try it
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    bump!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I cut up my banana thin then froze the pieces on a plate then put them in a zip lock bag for when I wanted to make this! I then took them out, put them in a bowl and just used my hand blender! It really did look like ice cream and tasted pretty good too, will make it again for sure!
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just put some bananas in the freezer, can't wait to try it. Thanks!
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I cut up my banana thin then froze the pieces on a plate then put them in a zip lock bag for when I wanted to make this! I then took them out, put them in a bowl and just used my hand blender! It really did look like ice cream and tasted pretty good too, will make it again for sure!

Oh interesting!! I didn't know you could do this w/ a hand blender. I thought my hand blender required liquid.
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    eating some right now it rocks just like ice cream just much better!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options

Oh interesting!! I didn't know you could do this w/ a hand blender. I thought my hand blender required liquid.

Ya I wasn't sure if it would work or not but it worked great with no liquid!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    hand blender here too! whips it up like magic and allll in one cup!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried refreezing this stuff? Does it stay creamy?
  • Jen7301
    Jen7301 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I only had two bananas left but am freezing them to give it a try. My two daughters are excited to try as well!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

I've got the same question. I figure if it stayed somewhat similar to ice cream, then I can just mix up a bunch at once as soon as I bring the bananas home (and freeze them, obviously) and then just pop them back in the freezer in little half cup sized containers.
  • questionablemethods
    Options

I've got the same question. I figure if it stayed somewhat similar to ice cream, then I can just mix up a bunch at once as soon as I bring the bananas home (and freeze them, obviously) and then just pop them back in the freezer in little half cup sized containers.

My little experiment is underway. I made up a bunch of the stuff from the bananas I had in my freezer and put the ice cream into little single-serving tupperware containers and back into freezer. I'm hoping it stays creamy. If not, I can still plop it into my shakes like I would have done anyway, so nothing was wasted.

(By the way, I was so pleasantly surprised to read that this recipe is, actually, only ONE ingredient. So often I see these recipes for "Amazing Four-Ingredient Such-and-Such" and one of the "ingredients" is "a box of cake mix" or something similar and I just think "Uh.... that's like 40 ingredients! :tongue:")
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    plzz let me know! id love to make like 4 bananas and just grab a scoop when i feel like it =]
    but why a scoop when its this healthy.... maybe 3 scoops! haha
  • gamecock
    gamecock Posts: 36
    Options
    BUMP:bigsmile:
  • chelseap891
    Options
    This sounds amazing! I'm going to try...I just need to invest in a blender!
  • jbeam
    jbeam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. Just put some in the freezer!!
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    plzz let me know! id love to make like 4 bananas and just grab a scoop when i feel like it =]
    but why a scoop when its this healthy.... maybe 3 scoops! haha

Eh, it doesn't quite hold its creaminess upon refreezing. It is edible, obviously, but not quite the same as freshly blended.
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    Me again. Yesterday after a pretty long bike ride I was craving Dairy Queen BIG TIME. But instead I popped about 80 grams of frozen banana into the magic bullet along with about 5 small strawberries, 1/4 cup of skim milk and a heaping scoop of vanilla whey protein powder -- Presto! A strawberry-banana milkshake that completely satisfied my ice cream craving while also being a good post-workout recovery meal (27 grams of protein! Quick-digesting carbs!)

Soooo good.