Options
2»

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    1.)Eat at at a deficit and exercise....Period
    2.)Protein and Heavy things are your friends

Pretty much this, although I'd add the word "moderate": "Eat at a MODERATE deficit and exercise."

I'd also add that you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight successfully. I'm eating 1900-2000 calories on average and still losing 1-1.5lb per week.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    high 5 Spesh! You get it!!!!!!
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Time is going to pass anyways, so every effort counts... Little losses amount to bigger losses long term....
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Save calories for an evening snack you enjoy, and have a high-calorie day once in a while.
  • TahoeSki
    TahoeSki Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great advice, thanks! I especially liked the tips on being a good planner. I could definitely get better at that! It is much easier for me to go off course when I fail to plan my food for the day.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    What is the best advice you've gotten about fitness or weight loss from reading, MFP, others, or your own journey?

Mine is probably to buy a digital kitchen scale and weigh everything. This helped me learn what 4 ounces really looks like, for example. I think I've also learned that when you fall off the wagon, get back up quickly. The same day if possible. The longer you wait, the more damage you do, physically and emotionally.

Looking forward to hearing your advice!

eat less, move more.
  • sarahbollenberg1
    Options
    Be Prepared!!
    If you have a lunch box filled with goodness to take with you - it's far less likely you'll eat bad foods.
    Menu plan - same as the lunch - if you've got great ingredients for a dinner, you'll make it. Stay full!
    Check out my tips
    http://spirited-sports-com.webs.com/diet-and-lifestyle