Any body by Vi users out there?

Options
mscoco10
mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
Hey I meet a salesperson today and she gave me some good info but wanted to see if anyone here has tried it.

Replies

• stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of visalus powder. I like it, but I had only lost 9 pounds in about 3 months on it. It's expensive and I gained all the weight back. It's not a lifestyle that is maintainable (imo). That and drinking a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch maked me crave food. Occasionally I'll have it for breakfast but that's mostly to use it up.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My daughter in law sells it and as far as I can tell it's expensive garbage. I tried it with samples and there were more calories in it than I normally eat for breakfast and within 2 hrs I was starving again. She's 240 lbs & 5'4". Her big pitch is she's lost 20 lbs in 45 days, something easily achievable with a good diet and forget the expensive shakes. This is her third try on one of these types of diets and she's always gained it all back and more every time she quits living on liquids.
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I only do the shakes..and only for breakfast because I like the flavor of it. yes it is pricey, but I have gotten some at a cheaper deal. As far as weightloss, I don't say it makes me lose anymore weight than normal. It is one of the better tasting protein powder drink mixes that I have tried.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    someone I know "uses" Body by Vi... maybe lost a few pounds but I have lost more and make my own smoothies... less expensive too. He tried to get me to buy into it but I wouldn't...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I tried it once because a friend of mine was selling it and she gave me a free sample. I think I'm the only person I know who honestly didn't like the taste of them...

But they are really no different from other weight loss shakes. You can lose weight using them if you are in a calorie deficit, but wouldn't you rather save your money and eat yummier foods that are more satisfying and still lose the weight anyway?
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My sister "was" using it but didn't stick with it nor did she lose any weight. I went to one of the little gathering things they have and I did not care for it and neither did a friend that went with me. I personally wanted to take sand paper to my tongue to get the taste out of my mouth. The regional director was there and all but cussed us out over our opinions of the product. To me, it is a useless pyramid scheme.
  • mcdanielheather14
    Options
    Im a week into it with them and have lost 6 pounds. I wouldnt say its just the shakes, it just helps me control my calories. I have a busy life so breakfast and lunch in a cup works great for me. I do zumba on my wii in the morning and eat whatever I want for dinner and still stay under 1500 calories for the day.
  • sda2012
    sda2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yes, I am a rep for BBV. It works if you use is as it is meant to be used for. meal replacement, and there are so many recipes that you can make different kinds of shakes.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hey I meet a salesperson today

Consider the source of all the positive reviews you heard about it.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I used it for about six months as a meal replacement for breakfasts. I can't say that it either hurt or helped, I didn't lose any more or less weight than with a bowl of oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit. It is, however, expensive. You could make your own healthy, nutritious smoothies from scratch for the same amount of money and without buying into a pyramid scheme.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You'll find a lot of BBV users on MFP...

...and even more former users.

(Personally, I think it's overpriced for what you get, which is true of nearly all products sold by MLM. Regardless, there are many people who swear by the stuff. Of course, the vast majority of those people also happen to sell it...coincidentally, of course.)
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    one of my family members sold it. she didn't lose much weight, and when she stopped using it... guess what? it came back plus more.
  • mcdanielheather14
    Options
    I would like to add I am not some nut who thinks the shake has some miracle weight loss ingredient. For me it works because my life is so busy I have a hard time counting and controlling calories. I work 40 plus hours a week, go to school 15 hours a week, have 2 kids, and am the sole caregiver of my disabled husband. For me its easier for me to keep track of my calories and eat a healthier choice on the go. I mix up my shake for breakfast and go to class, I get home mix one up for lunch and do my chores, take care of the kids and everything else I have to do then I pack a real dinner for work and enjoy. It has helped me to stay at 1500 calories a day and in the morning I have started doing zumba to burn some of my fat. Its nothing in the shake making me lose weight but it is something that works for me and my situation. It just helps dieting for me be a no brainer. I also have a nerve disease that makes it very painful to chew ( trigeminal neuralgia) so not having to actually chew twice a day has helped keep my attacks down. Will this shake work for everyone? NO, Is it some magic diet supplement? no, does it help if your life is busy and you do not have time to prepare healthy meals and count your calories? Yes. I do not sell it and never would I could not push a product on people that I know does not work because it is a magic dietary supplement but instead a healthy alternative for some and a motivator. For my mentality ill drink these shakes and work out and it will help it motivates me to change my life style. Could I do the same thing with healthy eating and exercise? Yes but I do not have time to do all of that so VI has worked great for me.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I would like to add I am not some nut who thinks the shake has some miracle weight loss ingredient. For me it works because my life is so busy I have a hard time counting and controlling calories. I work 40 plus hours a week, go to school 15 hours a week, have 2 kids, and am the sole caregiver of my disabled husband. For me its easier for me to keep track of my calories and eat a healthier choice on the go. I mix up my shake for breakfast and go to class, I get home mix one up for lunch and do my chores, take care of the kids and everything else I have to do then I pack a real dinner for work and enjoy. It has helped me to stay at 1500 calories a day and in the morning I have started doing zumba to burn some of my fat. Its nothing in the shake making me lose weight but it is something that works for me and my situation. It just helps dieting for me be a no brainer. I also have a nerve disease that makes it very painful to chew ( trigeminal neuralgia) so not having to actually chew twice a day has helped keep my attacks down. Will this shake work for everyone? NO, Is it some magic diet supplement? no, does it help if your life is busy and you do not have time to prepare healthy meals and count your calories? Yes. I do not sell it and never would I could not push a product on people that I know does not work because it is a magic dietary supplement but instead a healthy alternative for some and a motivator. For my mentality ill drink these shakes and work out and it will help it motivates me to change my life style. Could I do the same thing with healthy eating and exercise? Yes but I do not have time to do all of that so VI has worked great for me.

If things were put in the right perspective like this, then you may find some success with Visalus.

The problem is that way too many look at it as some magic powder that will lose weight for them. They have the one or two shakes a day, but still take in too many calories. I think it's expensive and you may be able to get the same benefits out of an inexpensive protein powder mixed with fruit and milk. However, that is personal choice. Kudos to the above poster for understanding how to make things work in a very hectic day.
  • Three4MeNHim
    Options
    I used to be a Body by Vi rep. I`m such a sucker. I thought it tasted great and I used to try anything that would help me lose weight. Don`t waste your money! It`s meal replacement shake. That`s it. Not some miracle drink that most reps make it out to be. Tastes great but not worth the money. I make my own meal replacement shake with almond milk, protein powder, cottage cheese and blueberries. Tastes better, better for you and it doesn`t cost a fortune!
  • Healthyme1983
    Healthyme1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use BBV in my smoothie in the morning but only because I like the taste and consistency it gives the smoothie. I did the 90 day challenge and lost about 7 lbs but found I missed real food. Luckily I haven't gained back any of the weight by maintaining a healthy amount of calories and exercise. I am curious what other protein powders people use and like that are less expensive??
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I only have bad info on it.
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    They lost me at the whole soy part. Second, you can make just as healthy, if not healthier, of a meal replacement drink at a 1/10th of the cost. There's really nothing special about it.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    if convenience is the most important thing for you, and if you've got the money to blow on expensive shakes, there are better shakes available that don't have artificial ingredients. Do your research. However, if you want a good meal replacement shake that's cheap - make your own. :)