Fat mannequins

Options
RedHeadDevotchka
RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
Look at these beasts they're enormous!

B01FFCF8-14DD-4259-80D1-C5207B964C0B-30204-0000118BB14B4BCB_zpsc67e90c4.jpg

Ya they're actually not fat, and normal sized. The one on the left is a size 6 and the one on the right is a size 10. What do you think of this? Personally I like it because I am a size 10.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I like them :)
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like them. They have a shape. It's important to me to know what clothing would look like on someone with hips, and most mannequins sure lack them.
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I came in here all fired up and ready start doing shaky fists, lol! Phew. Yes, l like them as well.
  • Dianescraps
    Options
    Like! Wouldn't mind seeing a 12 or 14 either!
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    It's a good start... now if they could get a fuller figured one with a bit of a tummy too, that would be awesome as well.
  • wrongheaven
    Options
    Love it and wish they would do it here in the US, but I doubt they ever will (well, on a widespread scale). It makes me sick that people consider Size 10 to be "fat."
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me. But this reminds me of going shopping in the men's department with my SO. I pointed out that a lot of the male mannequins had beer bellies and he said "well that's because they are made to look real" and I was like "why real men can't have abs?!" So I addressed how womens mannequins are not done realistically and he said "well women are different" he basically was saying women want to see something they can't obtain, to this day he swears he didn't mean it like that :)

So when I saw this was titled fat man equines I figured it was the male mannequins... they really are not attractive. Sort of remind me of charlie sheen in a polo shirt
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    this was brought to my attention by someone on my FL. as i told her my local nordstrom has plenty in this size in certain departments and they dress them so nicely. its fun to go see what's new on these dolls.
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love it her thighs almost touch...lol
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Jesus! That's supposed to be a fat mannequin? What the hell am I then? A blimp?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I love it her thighs almost touch...lol

LOL size 10 thigh gap. win win. hahahaha. what a diplomatic mannequin.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I like them also!!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I had a friend post this on FB tonight and there is a bit of controversy. I like it but I don't like the attention it was getting. She was saying it looked realistic........Okay, when I was a size 10 my stomach didn't look like that (like I had worked out for forever, I had rolls) and my face wasn't thin.....basically I didn't look healthy, I looked frumpy. I think it is fine to portray a healthy looking bigger person but I believe we should emphasize to people that big isn't always great, just like thin, isn't alway's great. We should emphasize that a healthy (eating right and active size 10) is good.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Love it and wish they would do it here in the US, but I doubt they ever will (well, on a widespread scale). It makes me sick that people consider Size 10 to be "fat."

Yeah... that is what I was thinking.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Love them! They would probably flatter some clothes more than the stick thin ones!
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mannequins are creepy :frown: but its good that they aren't a size 0 (I am a dude and I don't know the difference between sizes for women but a size 0 sounds super small) :embarassed:
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    " So I addressed how womens mannequins are not done realistically and he said "well women are different" he basically was saying women want to see something they can't obtain,

There might be something to what your SO said.. Some women's magazine (can't remember which) lost money when they featured average-sized women on the cover, so they switched back to typical models.

I like the size 10 mannequin, nice shapely figure.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I gotta admit, kinda hurt my feelings a little bit to hear a size 6 described as "fat"
    It must be my lady hormones making me emotional.