Calorie Confusion

Options
So I have been trying to keep track of my calories, the last two days I have done TERRIBLY (a couple hundred oveer my limit) but today I did really well and resisted temptation. But instead of going over my limit, I was actually under my limit by more than 500. Which apparently is not good. I don't understand, I know my body needs it but is it really that bad if I'm under my limit. How can I make it better? I NEED HELP!!

Replies

• jigsaw_gd
    jigsaw_gd Posts: 30
    Options
    I plan my meals for the day, the night before then I know what I can eat. Then during the day if things change I edit my plan and adjust the rest of the day to take into account the changes. This may, mostly, I'm hitting each day's target.

Having said that however, if you're a couple of hundred over one day and a couple of hundred under the next then it averages out anyway so no need to stress!
  • wrongheaven
    Options
    Your body needs a certain amount of calories in order to work efficiently. It's like not putting enough gas in your car. If you're not giving it enough calories, how is it supposed to work properly burning fat/calories?
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Some people look at their calories for the week. If they go over today and stay under tomorrow it balances out. Some strictly look at it from day to day. I think looking at it for the week is good as you have stored energy and by going under your body would use that. It becomes a problem when you are under frequently.
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The longer you do it the more intune you get to calories,and you will get better at it ......if you want it!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I think it is okay if you have a few slip up since your still trying to get used to it. everyday isnt gonna be the same some days are gonna be better then others. all you can do is try to do your best. try to make healthier choices and if your too much under your calorie goal then have a small healthy snack and that will help. i mean all you can really do is experiment and see whats best for you. I mean being under by a few calories is okay but too many under isnt good for ur body. and same goes for being over. yes this is hard and confusing, but since when did anyone say that dieting and counting calories was easy? lol

hope this was a help.... and not to confusing..lol