What do you eat for snacks?

Options
13»

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Lke others, I recommend getting fruits in season. You save so much money! I just got a HUGE bag of cherries for $1! Right now berries, melons and cherries are super cheap and so delish! It looks like you have a great list so far :)

I am SO jealous! Cherries here were $2.99/lb lately and that was a steal! Berries aren't super cheap here either right now. Might have to head to the farmer's market this weekend and see if it is any cheaper!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    so many great ideas...i am craving tomatoes and salt now :)
  • janellnicole2
    Options
    Sounds good.
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Another good smoothie recipe is:

1 cup water
    1 cup ice
    1 single serving packet of orange crystal light
    1 sugar free vanilla pudding cup.

Blend together in blender and enjoy. Total 65 calories!! Yummy. :)

I'm definately trying this one, THANKS!

I tried this for my after work snack...I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It tasted like a whipped orange slush with ice cream in it!!!!!!!! WOW only 65 calories...
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Aside from beef or turkey Jerky (like 70cals an ounce) and an apple, one of my favorite snacks is cutting up tomato and cucumber and then mixing with balsamic vinegar salt and pepper. I found the balsamic vinegar a few years ago and use it almost every day. The bright full flavor makes me feel like I've actually eaten something and I'm more satisfied. If I'm having a sweet tooth kinda day I'll ad a packet of Splenda to the vinegar then mix it with the tomatoes and cucumbers. A few tomatoes and a large cucumber have such a low calorie count that its a great snack.