My Story, Need Motivators

Options
Hello, I'm 27 (28 in July) and I need to loose about 100 pounds. I few weeks ago I hit my bottom line top weight and couldn't and still can't stand to look in the mirror. The least I ever remember weighing was 135 and that was in JR High, I've been gaining weight for then on and struggling with self confidence. I know I'm a decently pretty girl and I have a man that loves me to death butiI want to love me again. I don't want to be a plus size bride or a plus size anything. I want to go shopping and not have to worry if they have that cute shirt in my size anymore. I don't really realize how big and out of shape I am until I see pictures of myself or try to do something physical, something as easy as Wii Fit. I need motivators in my life so I'm seeking out friends on here. My first 2 weeks of this I have drastically changed what I eat... No hamburger.. I eat ground turkey instead, I drink tons of water, fresh fruits and veggies, and no quick hamburger helper like before, whole grain noodles/ breads, you name it I changed it. So far I've lost 11 LBS but I have a long way to go, and I know ill need help. Please add me.

Replies

• blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 60lbs to lose and have lost around 13. I feel the same way as you do. We could motivate one another! :-)
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am going to add you! :) I have about 90 more pounds to go!
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    It's such a struggle to start when you feel so horrible about yourself; it can seem so overwhelming and impossible.

But it's not; you ARE going to do it and you will be so proud of yourself.

For me, a girl who loves her food, exercise is key, so if you need any motivation on that front, I'm your girl!
  • pjpistek
    pjpistek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Be patient. It will seem like the weight comes off ssssoooo slowly but progress is progress. You will have ups and downs but staying on MFP really helps. I know I have given up in the past after not seeing the results I thought I should but this time I'm able to keep with it because logging in, even on days when you've gone over your calorie goal or not exercised help you to get motivated to do better the next day. GOOD LUCK ! it isn't easy but its worth it.
  • ollisnan
    ollisnan Posts: 9
    Options
    It's such a struggle to start when you feel so horrible about yourself; it can seem so overwhelming and impossible.

But it's not; you ARE going to do it and you will be so proud of yourself.

For me, a girl who loves her food, exercise is key, so if you need any motivation on that front, I'm your girl!

I totally agree. I really love my food and have a terrible problem controlling my sweet tooth, mainly late evenings, when I'm tired, so trying to get some exercise, even a 20 minute walk in the evening makes me feel so much better (even though I have to drag myself out of the house most times! LOL!)

You really can do it, with help from all the amazing people on here to inspire you! It's the first time I've really thought "I can do this!", and believed it (I have around 4 stone to lose, and am 50 in April. I have 65% lung capacity, 2 degenerated discs and 2 degenerated facet joints in my spine which cause me almost constant pain so it's difficult, but little and often is my motto)

I wish you the very best of luck, and look forward to reading your updates x
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me. I started out with 122 lbs to lose and have lost 76 now. It is and always has been a struggle of mine. I since I am in my erly 40's it is even harder than it used to be. Do this for yourself and not the boyfriend, wedding dress, cute top or anyone or anything else. Just do it for you.
    I dont do any starvation crash diets, I eat limited calories and exercise. Plain and simple. I do what works for me and adjust when it stops working. Isn't that what life is about?

Good luck with your weight loss. It is not each but it is sooooo worth it.
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. Im looking for some more and hopefully we can benefit from each other!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, it's always good to have people to be accountable to - the more the merrier! I'm 28, 5'2, trying to eat pretty clean and exercise at least 6x a week.
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words, they mean a lot... I think most of you that commented on this post have been added to my friends list and I look forward to taking this journey along with you. Together, as hard as it may be, we can do this! :-) Anyone else who reads this, please feel free to send me a message and add me as a friend.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm adding you too. I have about 50 lbs to lose. We can do this!
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I been using this app for the last few months and I have lost almost 46 pounds, challenging my body and making changes.. I am currently at 166 lbs a big difference from when I use to weigh 350lbs I remember using size 26/28 in pants. I lost 150 lbs on my own by just walking and eating right. Keep on motivating yourself if you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :) I can totally relate. If I did I know you can do it keep on pushing girlie :)

Nadia