Protein shakes aimed at women

Options
schnarfo
schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
Hi
Is t worth splashing out a little more cash for a protein shake that is aimed at women or should I just get an ordinary protein shake like phd or maxi muscle

.can anyone recommend a good shake that gives a good amount of protein but can be mixed with water and still tastes nice? Many I've tried have to be mixed with milk and I don't have many spare calories for milk in my shake at the moment

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    No its just a sales gimmick. It has just about the same ingredients as the other brands. Go with the best price that fits your budget.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I think that egg protein tastes better with water than why protein.
    And I buy protein for everyone, not for women. I think it may be a gimmick and some added calcium for $h!ts and giggles.
    I think you would be better off buying a multi aimed at women.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I use Myprotein.com, great flavours, good price and mix well with water.

I think the ladies only protein drinks are just a marketing ploy.
  • schnarfo
    Options
    I thought so as I was comparing ingredients! Not sure what brand to buy now though still, thinking of getting the phd diet whey any thoughts?
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I thought so as I was comparing ingredients! Not sure what brand to buy now though still, thinking of getting the phd diet whey any thoughts?

I tried Phd, but thought it overpriced and too harsh on my stomach.
  • weffie11
    weffie11 Posts: 91
    Options
    I use vanilla whey protein from myprotein.com. Mixes well with water and tastes ok. They have many different flavours which you can buy in sample packs to see which you like
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Just get ordinary protein.
    I get Whey protein isolate and mix it with milk when i'm on the run and don't have time to cook something fast. That and a multivitamin should give you all the benefits those pre-made shakes give you(or more)
    Protein for women is a gimmick, they put some pink ballerina lady on the package and add a few dollars to the price.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's worth it if you're selling it at additional profit. That's the power of marketing. But if you're buying protein to use, men and women process protein the same. Don't waste your money because of a few extra letters on a label.
  • shanander
    shanander Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Many I've tried have to be mixed with milk and I don't have many spare calories for milk in my shake at the moment

Have you tried using unsweetened almond milk? it's only like 40 calories for 8oz and no sugar and gives it a nice creamy taste.

I use Isopure Natural Unflavored and add Stevia and unsweetened cocoa and ON Chocolate Casein Protein Powder
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I think its very in portion to read the label on ANY protein powder they add so much JUNK to them so be careful .I try not to put anything that is not organic into my body so i use a protein and a super food from Boku and really like them the only thing is there PP is plan so i add fruit to mine or i will add Young living oils to it as they have some really good oils and they are so good for you to. And they dont add anything to it its all natural and thats what i like you have to oder it on line and it cost me about 160.00 for 3 months but that with there super food and there Protein
  • schnarfo
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Almond milk
  • AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    I use The Protein Works - they do shakes in all different flavours and they are delicious - good quality and a good price. Mix well with water (which is what I normally do) - I really can't recommend them highly enough!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Trutein FTW. I only mix them with water. All of the flavors are delicious.
  • Vikkicmccrory
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I was asking the same thing but I bought the protein works diet whey in chocolate mint and it tastes amazing when mixed with milk :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    As others have said its just a marketing gimmick, adding stuff like green tea extract then hiking the price up. If you are just looking to help hit your protein macros a basic whey protein will do the job and be a lot cheaper.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    OPPPS that should be Important
    I think its very in portion to read the label on ANY protein powder they add so much JUNK to them so be careful .I try not to put anything that is not organic into my body so i use a protein and a super food from Boku and really like them the only thing is there PP is plan so i add fruit to mine or i will add Young living oils to it as they have some really good oils and they are so good for you to. And they dont add anything to it its all natural and thats what i like you have to oder it on line and it cost me about 160.00 for 3 months but that with there super food and there Protein
    [/quote]