College Student Looking to Be Healthier!

Options
I would love some MFP friends to keep me motivated! I have been looking at the blogs and they are so inspirational! I am a college student who has little time to work out but definitely needs the motivation!

Replies

• ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student too. I just started tracking my exercise and calories about 3 weeks ago and I'd love to add you as a friend. We can help each other stay motivated!
  • Deziray41
    Deziray41 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Definitely!! It's so hard to lose weight and be in college! I started about a year ago with MFP off and on. I think it's time to really stick to it though!
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, college sophomore right here :]
  • tunagirl35
    Options
    Hey! I am trying hard to lose weight! I gained 30 pounds in 3 years! I got married 4 years ago and then just started putting on weight. Now, I am working hard to get it off, but man is it hard! I am in school full-time online, and I would love to add you as a friend! We can do this!!!
  • ScottishMrs
    Options
    I joined a year or two ago, but I never really used it. I gained ~10lbs from November to the end of January though and I realized that it was time to take action. I used to be super fit, but then I got a knee injury and have been acting like a lump for over a year now. I guess it finally caught up to me.
  • kr0nikk
    kr0nikk Posts: 12
    Options
    college student here also looking for friends.... looking for people seriously interested in keeping the commitment and helping out each other... im a loyal friend lol ADD ME!
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Im in study as well and trying to be healthy and lose the pounds! You can add me :)
  • davidwgold
    Options
    University student - but I guess thats the same as college!

Feel free to add me :)
  • kr0nikk
    kr0nikk Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi guys just looking for new people/ friends who wana inspire and be inspired. Since Jan i have lost 40 lbs in 3 months... thats feeking right.... i need to loose 35 more lbs and 15% body fat by summer. SO i joined mp. I dont know if this is possible since my weight loss is slowing down a lot. I just wana help others and myself loose whatever weight we can. I wana be able to take my shirt off without disgusting my peers lol
  • alexapatel
    alexapatel Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am a dental hygiene student and are sometimes in class from 8am-8pm. I used NDP and had been working out from last April til august when I started the hygiene program. Starting January second I made the decision to work out again and started tracking 3 weeks later. It's hard but I am determine. Lost 14 pounds since January :)
  • Deziray41
    Options
    I forget that it's different in different places lol! Same thing though :)
  • Deziray41
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am a dental hygiene student and are sometimes in class from 8am-8pm. I used NDP and had been working out from last April til august when I started the hygiene program. Starting January second I made the decision to work out again and started tracking 3 weeks later. It's hard but I am determine. Lost 14 pounds since January :)

I've heard dental hygienest (sp?) is hard! I'm in nursing school and have gained a bunch! That's awesome you've lost that much since January!!
  • Deziray41
    Options
    Hi guys just looking for new people/ friends who wana inspire and be inspired. Since Jan i have lost 40 lbs in 3 months... thats feeking right.... i need to loose 35 more lbs and 15% body fat by summer. SO i joined mp. I dont know if this is possible since my weight loss is slowing down a lot. I just wana help others and myself loose whatever weight we can. I wana be able to take my shirt off without disgusting my peers lol

WOW! That's amazing! Way to go!!
  • Hrachvelky
    Hrachvelky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    add me as well, we are all in this together, since coming to UK i gained a lot, and i wanna get back into energetic myself ;)
  • Deziray41
    Options
    I joined a year or two ago, but I never really used it. I gained ~10lbs from November to the end of January though and I realized that it was time to take action. I used to be super fit, but then I got a knee injury and have been acting like a lump for over a year now. I guess it finally caught up to me.

Yeah.. I thought "oh, it's just a few pounds.." Then like 30 lbs later I don't feel that way so much.. Have you tried swimming? It's supposed to be really easy on your joints (like knees) and burn a ton of calories.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You should add me! I'm super active and in college and I just recently started working out a lot :) I'm not losing weight but I am losing body fat and getting fitter and smaller.
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    Hi everybody!

I'm doing a masters in music and looking to lose about 6 kgs/14lbs ish and get in shape! Would be great to have some more friends, no matter what your goal is! I do a combination of HIIT cardio and lifting.

I'm online everyday, so feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    You should add me! I'm super active and in college and I just recently started working out a lot :) I'm not losing weight but I am losing body fat and getting fitter and smaller.

Just out of interest, what is your regime like? What do you do to workout and how often? I'm looking to reduce my BF by 4% or so, and drop about 14lbs. I've been in a plateau for a while so just interested to hear how others are doing it!
  • ScottishMrs
    Options

Yeah.. I thought "oh, it's just a few pounds.." Then like 30 lbs later I don't feel that way so much.. Have you tried swimming? It's supposed to be really easy on your joints (like knees) and burn a ton of calories.

My apartment building has a pool that's open during the summer, so I'm planning to try swimming in the summer, but right now I don't have access to a pool (at least not one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg). Right now I jog on the spot by my couch so that if it flares up I can just sit down instead of limping home.
  • xbrittney90
    xbrittney90 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Y'all can add me! I'm also a college student trying to lose weight too. It really is hard trying to fit everything into your schedule (especially when you're so tired) but I'm learning I have to make this work. I have to do something so that I can live a long, healthy, and mostly HAPPY life!