When do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just first thing on a Sunday morning, same scales, same location in the bathroom, bare, and after going to the toilet.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    When do you weigh yourself? Also, how often and why do you weigh yourself when you do?
    should i record my weight in the morning or evening?
    I find when I weigh myself in the evening i am nearly 1 kg heavier! I know this is because of the food/water i have but is that your accurate recording weight??

never. since my journey started last year (jan 1 2012), i have only weighed myself twice and only because i had to (once at the doctor's office during a physical and another because it was for a form i was filling out). i only go by inches lost since it's a more accurate way to measure progress.

that said, many peope weigh themselves first thing in the AM before breakfast (as soon as they wake up) to get the most accurate number since anything throws off the number
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    every 1-2 weeks, almost first thing in the morning... however long it takes me to throw on my "weigh-in" clothing and get to my Dr's office. If I had a scale at home, I would pay too much attention to it, but I still need to make sure I am on track. Plus, because I have been consistently losing for so many months, it's kind of fun to build up the anticipation on the way there!
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Call me obsessed, but I weigh myself post potty trip right out of bed every day. Then I do it again after my ummm how shall we say, after my second post potty trip that coffee stimulated lol. My hubby hates it because he thinks I set myself up for frustration, however I find it helps me see what I did wrong the day before with water vs sodium. I am post menopausal and on no hormones, so I don't worry about TOM or hormonal fluctuation that can mean scale differences. However, I AM obsessed!!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself twice a day at least.
    once in the morning after i do my business, then once right before I go to bed. I like to see the daily flux idk why.

I usually record my morning weight, as i feel like thats the truest weigh of the day. but i dont generally record unless its been the same for at least 2 days in a row.
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    morning, before i eat or drink anything and before a shower with no clothes on. that way there is no extra weight from consumption, water trapped in my hair, or clothing :)
  • cwbullet
    cwbullet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In the morning when I am my lightest.
  • Nicki_101
    Nicki_101 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I feel skinny.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • adudu
    adudu Posts: 17
    Options
    every tuesday
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    on the first of the month, after the bathroom, completely naked.

completely.

naked.

completely.
  • wcaldwelld
    wcaldwelld Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    morning
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning on Friday's, and only at this time. Your weight will constantly be fluctuating throughout the week due to several different factors such as water retention and food consumption, so I feel that if you weigh yourself at the same time once a week you will get the most accurate reading.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake (after I visit the bathroom) but the day I care about is Sundays. I work 2 jobs on a Saturday and spend the day running around behind a bar but do no other form of exercise. I find that if the number on the scale drops it usually does so overnight from Saturday to Sunday. I don't know why. Perhaps its because of my 'active rest' or the vast quantities of water I consuve throughout the day but that's what works for ve.
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a couple days a week but only log my Sunday morning weight before eating and after using the latrine.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    First thing Wednesday morning, after peeing and before showering. I will check in occasionally through the rest of the week, also in the morning.

I also check in nightly on Wii Fit, although I only look at BMI and not weight (I'm still heavy enough with a high enough % body fat that BMI isn't inappropriate yet). Oddly, the Wii thinks I'm losing weight right now and the morning weigh-in shows an increase. I must be retaining crazy water overnight right now! (I usually pound back the water post Wii Body Test).
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    NEVAH!!!

If I do feel the need to know how much I weigh, I just ask someone to pick me up and tell me.

Also: I'm naked. (For accuracy)