Mini Success, 16lbs in 60 days :) Just counting calories

Options
Today marks 60 days straight of logging into MFP for me, so I thought I'd celebrate by sharing my progress so far. Going way out of my comfort zone here, but all the success stories on this forum have been extremely encouraging to me, so hopefully this might help someone else who is just starting :)

I am 5'11" SW was 232, CW is 216.

A couple notes about what I've been doing:
I don't really exercise, I have two kids that I'm always chasing around and I work... I do occasional pushups (hate my arms!) or go for walks, but that's about it.
I log EVERYTHING. I calculated my TDEE -20% and that's what I've stuck to. I don't beat myself up if I'm over on some days, because my weekly average is always pretty close (and is always under). I think a lot of people on here are not eating enough and are still hating themselves for it! WATCH YOUR WEEKLY!
I'm a coffee fanatic, and refuse to cut my daily latte(s) completely, but I did start making them at home. Coffee shops put in a TON of syrup. I do 1tbs of syrup at home, still tastes great, but calories are WAY less.
I also still eat out occasionally, let's face it, Jack in the Box is right on my way to work, and sometimes I forget a snack. I work it into my daily calories, watch my macros and move on. Fast food won't kill you, everything in moderation, make sure it fits in, you're golden.
I'm obsessed with over easy eggs on toast... every morning ;) starts my days of right!
PROTEIN. I love banana smoothies so I buy vanilla protein powder, mix a scoop with some skim milk, a banana and ice (occasionally peanut butter too if I'm low on calories for the day). This reeeaaally helps to even out my macros.
I am still working on getting my sugar intake down, but have made good progress from when I started. Sugar is my nemesis.

ANYWAY, this is what can be accomplished easily in 60 days:
232:
tummy1.jpg

216:
tummy2.jpg

20130316212135.jpg
20130316212107.jpg

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!!! That's awesome!
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    awesome difference!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    fantastic progress!! your on your way
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Being tall will help so much! You're a few inches taller than me and I know I usually tower over most women, even at 5'8", so our weight "hides" better. As I've started telling just about everyone I know that I'm changing my ways and training for a Tough Mudder (OMG......I can't believe I actually signed up for it) I've had SO many people tell me "you don't LOOK like you need to lose 70lbs!". I guess that's good, and I'll take it as a complement, but the truth is there are very few women on this planet who should weigh over 200lbs, lol. I know I need to lose that amount, and even then I won't be at the bottom of the "ideal weight" chart...so it's nice to see that even a moderate weight loss makes a big difference on body profile on a real woman! Thanks for the post and the inspiration!
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow good progress. I'm 5'11 as well and still confused on how many calories I should be consuming a day. So if u don't mind me asking wats ur daily calorie intake?
  • m5parr
    m5parr Posts: 21
    Options
    I had second thoughts on those pictures, lol. Sorry! Trying to find some that aren't in a bathing suit... Anyway, I was eating 2050 a day, just dropped it down to 1980 today.
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    That seems like so many but I'm gonna try about 2000 and see how that goes.
  • m5parr
    Options
    I know it seems like a lot, I was terrified at first, but trust your TDEE! I used MFP before a few years back and was only eating 1500 a day, lost a few lbs, then plateaued. This time I researched a lot more before I started and have been a lot more successful, and it's been easier :)
  • zlemama
    zlemama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Excellent JOB...you're looking fabulous!! I'm an eggs over easy & toast girl, too! Every morning on an English muffin. I also sautee spinach & onion, place it on my muffin, put my eggs(I eat 2--cause I can!) over each half of the muffin, and top with fresh chopped tomatoes. Looks gourmet, easy to make, fills me up and impresses all of my house guests! One even called it, GOURMET!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • m5parr
    Options
    Excellent JOB...you're looking fabulous!! I'm an eggs over easy & toast girl, too! Every morning on an English muffin. I also sautee spinach & onion, place it on my muffin, put my eggs(I eat 2--cause I can!) over each half of the muffin, and top with fresh chopped tomatoes. Looks gourmet, easy to make, fills me up and impresses all of my house guests! One even called it, GOURMET!

OMG yum! I have to try that!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great success! Thanks fiords sharing!
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
    Awesome job!
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Did you have a c-section? Your story really helped me today. I just started doing my TDEE, and I was worried about it. I'm 5 months post-partum from a c-section so I have been trying to lose that pooch.
  • m5parr
    Options
    Did you have a c-section? Your story really helped me today. I just started doing my TDEE, and I was worried about it. I'm 5 months post-partum from a c-section so I have been trying to lose that pooch.
    No I never had a c-section, but trust me when I say my abs are still totally screwed up and it's been two years since my second kiddo was born ;) I've been using a ridiculius amount of jergen's firming lotion and that has been helping a lot!
    Good for you for starting sooner rather than later!
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    t
    No I never had a c-section, but trust me when I say my abs are still totally screwed up and it's been two years since my second kiddo was born ;) I've been using a ridiculius amount of jergen's firming lotion and that has been helping a lot!
    Good for you for starting sooner rather than later!

Oh okay lol. Yeah, mine are still there too. Some moms said they did Jillian's workouts, and that helped them flatten their stomachs too. I think I might try it.
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    I know it seems like a lot, I was terrified at first, but trust your TDEE! I used MFP before a few years back and was only eating 1500 a day, lost a few lbs, then plateaued. This time I researched a lot more before I started and have been a lot more successful, and it's been easier :)
    Same thing for me! 1500 and I am now at a plateau. So I'm gonna do it! Thanks!!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I can def see the difference, keep it going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!