0 condiments

Options
How do you portion out things like i cant beilve its not butter and Mrs dash salts and spices and things like that should you be able to have as much as you want because they do have 0 everything im very confused on this please help thanks:)

Replies

• keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Always check the nutrition label. Look at fat content, carbs, sodium and sugar. To be honest, I wouldn't even use butter. You can go without. Can you give some examples of what you use butter for ? I might be able to give you a few suggestions for supplementing butter. As for spices, I never worry too much about it. Especially if its Mrs Dash as there is no salt added and all ingredients aren't filled with chemicals. Also, you can always opt for fresh herbs! Always amazing.
  • skiersteve12345
    skiersteve12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    spices and dry rubs dont matter, even if you use the whole packet they have like 15 cals, just be careful of sauces since they are normally loaded with ketchup, i use a ton of dry rub spices on my foods
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Foods can be labeled as zero calories if they have fewer than five calories pe serving. So if you use a lot of something, the calorie counts can be deceiving. That is true for products like I Can't Believe It's not Butter spray. As far as using real butter, there is nothing wrong with that. I sauté asparagus in real butter and use small amounts of it daily. It's one of the ways I keep my fat macro high enough.

I do not count dry spices as they make very little difference. And I rarely eat anything any more that requires ketchup or mayo.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I usually don't use over one serving so if it's less than 5 calories I don't bother entering it. I don't really use butter, just olive oil or nothing.