Stevia/Truvia addicts?

Options
Anyone else here put stevia or truvia in a lot of their food? I've heard artificial sweeteners are terrible for you, so awhile ago I switched to Stevia, which I really love. I use a lot of it each day. Has this been problematic for anyone? Is eating too much of it bad for me? Thanks!

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    No, Stevia is natural just a leaf from a herb. I grew it in my garden last year. I just do not care for the taste. I love splenda and until someone can prove to me that it will kill me I will keep using it. Enjoy your Stevia and Best of luck.
  • GreenEggsNHan
    GreenEggsNHan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hm I'm not sure if it's bad but I'm definitely a truvia addict also! I put it in smoothies, coffee, tea, and apples with cinnamon. I thought there was nothing in it but then checked the label and there's actually 3g carbs in each packet. Yikes!
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    I don't use a lot of it, but I love Truvia. I am sensitive to artificial sweeteners like aspartame and saccharin, they are migraine triggers. No problems with since using Truvia, Moderation on any thing, especially since its newer to the market.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I use stevia in my coffee and oatmeal everyday with no problems.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    we use truvia, splenda, and clover honey
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Truvia lover here. I use it daily in my coffee and when doing any baking.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that stevia is addictive, therefore, I don't consider myself a stevia addict. But I do use it daily. I like to put it in my shakes and in my oatmeal. Tastes ok to me and helps me reach my sugar goals without feeling deprived of sweetness in my life! :drinker:
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love both. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...using Truvia, Moderation on any thing, especially since its newer to the market.

Truvia may be new to the market, but stevia is an herb that has been used for centuries as a sweetener. It wasn't cooked up in a lab like some of this other crap.
  • emileee99
    Options
    I love Truvia in coffee, tea, oatmeal. I also grew stevia in my herb garden and ended up with an abundance! I dried it and made an extract by filling a jar with the dried stevia leaves, covering with vodka, and letting it steep for 6 weeks. Just a few drops of the extract was plenty for a sweetener. I still think my extract concoction needs some work, however - slight aftertaste. Maybe it was the vodka... hah!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I use Stevia in my tea 3 times a day, and much prefer the liquid to the powder. I can get the sweetness level more accurate with the liquid, and it's less messy. Even though it comes from a leaf, it still makes me a little nervous about using it. Since when does a leaf naturally come to look like a fine white powder? Knowing how they make it would be useful to me.