5 DAY DETOX

Options
Ok so.. I am usually a bit wary of things like detoxing and short term fixes but, for the past week I have done nothing but binge on carbs, chocolate, crisps, and alcohol and I am feeling seriously seriously sluggish and disgusting!

So I thought this week I would do a 5 day detox, just drinking cranberry and lemon juice as I hear they are very good for colon cleansing and for your insides.

I am not doing it to lose weight, or for a short term fix, I'm doing it to flush out the bad carbs I have had and to get rid of this horrible bloated, sluggish feeling!

What do you all think about detoxing? Anyone had an experience detoxing?

Xoxo

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Just get proper nutrition from here on out. "Cleanses" are for cars and make little sense for humans, aside from some mental placebo effect. Your body will handle the bad stuff on its own - just eat right and watch your calories/macros. Nothing wrong with chocolate and booze, in moderation.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I find it's interesting to find out how our bodies work. It's not quite like plumbing and sewer pipes.
    Read up about the digestive system and I think you'll find that detoxes don't really do anything.
    If it were me in your position, and it is frequently, I'd just eat healthily and recover.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I find it's interesting to find out how our bodies work. It's not quite like plumbing and sewer pipes.
    Read up about the digestive system and I think you'll find that detoxes don't really do anything.
    If it were me in your position, and it is frequently, I'd just eat healthily and recover.

Whoop there it is.

Just eat a balanced diet, drink water, and exercise. You're body will handle the rest.

:flowerforyou:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You can't flush out carbs with lemon juice and cranberry juice. Impossible.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Cranberry and lemon juice will not provide your body with nutrients. Just eat plenty of fruits/vegetables/lean meats this week and drink a ton of water. You'll be just fine.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Ok so.. I am usually a bit wary of things like detoxing and short term fixes but, for the past week I have done nothing but binge on carbs, chocolate, crisps, and alcohol and I am feeling seriously seriously sluggish and disgusting!

So I thought this week I would do a 5 day detox, just drinking cranberry and lemon juice as I hear they are very good for colon cleansing and for your insides.

I am not doing it to lose weight, or for a short term fix, I'm doing it to flush out the bad carbs I have had and to get rid of this horrible bloated, sluggish feeling!

Xoxo

The carbs you have eaten have already been digested and there is absolutely no need to flush anything out.

The best you're going to get is some anecdotal experiences about how people feel, but there's no actual evidence that you're detoxing anything.

Even people who have a career in removing toxins via dietary/homeopathic means have been unable to name any toxins that get removed.

My best advice to you would be to get your calories and macronutrients in order, eat mostly whole and nutrient dense foods, adequately hydrate yourself, and get some exercise.

There is no need to do anything beyond this. I guarantee it.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Xoxo

The carbs you have eaten have already been digested and there is absolutely no need to flush anything out.

The best you're going to get is some anecdotal experiences about how people feel, but there's no actual evidence that you're detoxing anything.

Even people who have a career in removing toxins via dietary/homeopathic means have been unable to name any toxins that get removed.

My best advice to you would be to get your calories and macronutrients in order, eat mostly whole and nutrient dense foods, adequately hydrate yourself, and get some exercise.

There is no need to do anything beyond this. I guarantee it.
    and this
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Why in the world do you think that your body is storing the "bad" carbs up just waiting for some juice to flush them out?? Everyone here has given you some great advice... eat less junk, move more and watch your cals and macros. No need to flush anything. You are not a toilet!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean by "flush out carbs"
    Carbs, just like protein or fat, are broken down during the digestive process. They don;t just sit in your body as carbs.
    You don't need a detox, If you feel sluggish and full, eat more veggies, lean meats, etc.
  • Charlixoxo
    Charlixoxo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've heard that detoxing makes you feel a lot clearer and helps you mentally. Which is what I need.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Xoxo

I have not had any experience of detoxing as I do not think it is `the way to go` OK so you have had a few weeks of eating bad?

Would it not be a better idea to just try to eat well? It really isn`t hard and you can still have a packet of crisps or whatever.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I've heard that detoxing makes you feel a lot clearer and helps you mentally. Which is what I need.

Have you tried meditation?
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Try yoga
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Until you binge again. You are using a cleanse to cure a symptom of a larger mental problem.
  • backtovee
    backtovee Posts: 13
    Options
    If you are set on detoxing, you should be careful in planning it out and make sure you meet a healthy nutrient and caloric intake. There are plenty of 'cleanses' that are 1200+ calories that aim to detoxify your body.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of cranberry juice are you planning to drink? The store-bought kinds are full of sugar...
  • Charlixoxo
    Charlixoxo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes I have tried meditation, I use a lot of strategies to cope with anxiety. However a lot of my anxieties are related to food, hence why a detox may be good for the mind and mental health
  • Angela_BB40
    Angela_BB40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I successfully lost 5 lbs in one week by eating fresh fruits and veggies and one meat a day, plenty of water and exercise. I did a 3 day detox and lost about a lb a day, same number of pounds per day I was loosing when I are healthy. My conclusion was that I starved myself for nothing. I lost the same amount eating 1200 calories per day. Check my diary I are what I was eating. :)