I Win!! Slowest Runner on MFP Prize!!!!

Options
Okay...I was thinking today. I'm going to stop fronting. I run. Yep, sure do. But, I admit...I'm definitely, by FAR, the slowest runner here. I'm the ultra-mega-slow-runner-person. I'm so slow...my 13 year old son walks as I run. I'm so slow really, really old ladies, who are out strolling, in long skirts wearing sandals walk faster than I run. Shoot! My dog runs ahead on the retractable leash, lays down, and chews on a stick as she waits for me to "run" up to her...lol! So, ha! Beat that!!!

Replies

• rabt6f
    rabt6f Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me too! I"m slow, but I run. It makes me feel good and I do it for me. I'm healthier than everyone sitting on the couch! I'm all that matters anyway. Good for you for running.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    You're still lapping the people on the couch. Well done.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race...
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You're still lapping the people on the couch. Well done.

This !!!
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    me too, me too. I think I was at something like 14 minute miles when I started a couple months ago. But I've pushed and persevered and now I'm at around 11-12 minute miles and am still considered pretty slow, hahah :)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    As one of my MFP friends says I'm molasses slow! I have a GPS HRM for hiking and running and, it's official, I go faster walking on the flat than I do run/walking. But, and it's a big but, My legs have changed shape since starting running and my lung and heart fitness have improved. I'm also hopeful that the impact of running will increase my bone strength - so important for fending off osteoporosis.

And, yes, I'm still going faster than people sat on the sofa :smile:
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I was pleased as hell to have managed to run a whole straight 5k on the treadmill in 40 minutes until someone at work was talking about walking a 5k event and that anyone could walk it in about 40 minutes haha

(not gonna stop me working on getting it to 25 mins then 30 - but was like awwww man I am slow lol)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Bah. Garden slugs point and laugh as they pass me. Which is why I always run carrying a shaker of salt.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I'm the same. I have stents in my left leg and nerve damage in my left foot so I'm gimpy as they come, I "run" about 3.8 to 4.1 MPH on a good day. And, like you said, that's walking speed for a lot of folks! I often apologize to friends who do 5K's with me, LMAO!!!! but, whatever, we're doing it. I've never cared if I came in last, as long as I came in. :bigsmile:
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You're running. That's the important piece!

PS: I'd give you a run for your money... am also slow lol
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was pleased as hell to have managed to run a whole straight 5k on the treadmill in 40 minutes until someone at work was talking about walking a 5k event and that anyone could walk it in about 40 minutes haha

(not gonna stop me working on getting it to 25 mins then 30 - but was like awwww man I am slow lol)

I'm not that familiar with typical times walking a 5K, but 40:00 is sub-13:00 pace and I know that's running pace for some people.
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Recovering from a stress fracture and am back running but I bet I am slower than you, anyway it's fantastic to be running good job
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Bah. Garden slugs point and laugh as they pass me. Which is why I always run carrying a shaker of salt.

Great I just laughed water out of my nose. Thanks a lot.
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    At least you are moving!!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    As one of my MFP friends says I'm molasses slow! I have a GPS HRM for hiking and running and, it's official, I go faster walking on the flat than I do run/walking. But, and it's a big but, My legs have changed shape since starting running and my lung and heart fitness have improved. I'm also hopeful that the impact of running will increase my bone strength - so important for fending off osteoporosis.

And, yes, I'm still going faster than people sat on the sofa :smile:

This ^ I am the exact same way. When I start to get discouraged, my newly found leg muscles remind me that changes are happening.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm slow too! I did once overtake a walker, but I think really they had stopped to answer their mobile phone :bigsmile: . I saw a couple of friends in the distance the other week, walking, and it took me 20 minutes to catch up with them:laugh:

I am running my first Half Marathon five weeks today, in the hope that they don't close the course before I cross the finish line :wink:
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    my PB for the 5 km is 59 min lol so I can only get faster from here
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options

I'm not that familiar with typical times walking a 5K, but 40:00 is sub-13:00 pace and I know that's running pace for some people.

Thanks - I will just keep plugging away and work on improving it - my 1st 5k event is in May so got a few weeks yet - according to my phone app I can walk a 12 minute mile - but some of the interval training I have managed 9 minute miles (but not for long - yet...) so just need to build it up - it is somehow quite comforting to now that it's not just me that is not built for speed.

but no matter how slow I am at walking - I am even slower swimming - I like to think that I can make anyone feel better about themselves as at least they are not as slow as me hahaha