24 yr old vegan and i need a support group!!

Options
Hi! I am 24, weigh 141 at 5'4". I am eating vegan and exercising every day. Been doing this for a week. I know that at some point I am gonna wanna quit, so I am putting this out there to get some help and support to lose at least 21 pounds. I have tried to lose this weight every spring and fall for the past 3 years. But I just keep quitting and then adding on more weight. I need help!!!
Thanks all!! :D

Replies

• courtneyparsons
    Options
    I'd be glad to add you! I am 24 as well and a vegetarian. I would love to go full vegan, but I live in Mexico so unless I stay in my house all day every day it's almost impossible. Vegan options at restaurants don't exist, unless I eat a plain salad without dressing which would never fill me up :smile:

When you think about quitting, think about why you started!
  • ASMITH438
    Options
    Hello!

My name's Arielle. I have been vegetarian for 7 years and have been vegan for over a year now. I'm also 24 and having cut out meat and dairy from my body for a while now I can tell you that it gets easier with time. Vegans generally develop this lifestyle for either health or animal reasons ( I was both). When I would go vegan to try and lose weight I would always fall off the wagon and I had to develop an anchor - a reason why I wanted to live a cleaner lifestyle. My biggest anchor is the future environment for humans. Restaurants are generally coming up with more ways to cater to vegans. If you have a smartphone there are tons of apps to help you for when you need ideas for options when you are eating out. Also don't be afraid to ask the waiters for substitutions. I have tons of recipes and tips if you want to talk :)
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a vegan diet for just over a year now. I started it as an experiment to lower my blood pressure but I love it so much I've stuck with it an can't imagine going back. I have a slip up every now and then but I'm still learning! I really rely on Happy Herbivore cookbooks because the recipes are easy and made with every day ingredients. Feel free to add me. :)
  • tunagirl35
    Options
    Thanks guys!! So grateful!