Recommendations for easy reliable HRM

Options
I am looking to purchase a HRM to better assess my actual caloric burn and actvity level. I prefer an easier one. I'll be using it while running and circuit training. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    I would recommend the Polar FT4. That is the one that I've been using for the past 2 weeks. It is easy to set up and use. My FT4 is also very accurate as well. Good luck with whatever one you decide to go with.
  • lvmygsp
    lvmygsp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Polar recommendation. I have heard good things about Polar products. How about any insight in Fitbits and those other apps? Are they acuurate?
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 or the ft7. The ft7 data can be uploaded on the computer/ I got an ft4, works great but if Id known that I would have gotten a ft7.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'll echo the recommendation for the Polar FT4 (I have the FT7 - same thing but more expensive with some features that are redundant if you're on MFP.. I'd just go with the 4). Easy to use, great accuracy, comfortable. No problems so far in 3 months' use.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I also recommend the Polar FT4. I've been using mine for about 6 months. I love it. I don't feel like a fitbit will give you an accurate calorie burn during a workout. How does it monitor your actual heart rate?
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar ft4. Had it for close to two years now. Onlyl disappoinment is my band on the watch broke recently but I'm handy so I made a new band with ponytail holders to put it back on my wrist lol. I also have a fitbit which I use to keep me in motion during the day. I compete against friends to see how many steps we can take in a day.
  • lvmygsp
    lvmygsp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Carrie - that was my concern about the fitbit, too. I think I'll be ordering the Polar FT4 with confidenc. Thanks guys!! :happy:
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I do not have an hrm, but i'm watching this for info as well! I do however have a fitbit, and I love love love it!! It is not an HRM though! It would be awesome for running and I use it for all day activity burn. It counts steps and activity level, but does not account for heart rate at all. I currently am looking for an HRM for when I am at the gym, but still just using my fitbit for right now, b/c I figure its better than nothing, and can at least count my steps and how fast i'm moving <3
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    another recommendation for the Polar brand! I have an ft7 and love it. :)
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love my polar ft4!