PB2

Options
mtc5995
mtc5995 Posts: 44 Member
I've been here for about a week but I've seen alot about PB2 and PB2 with cocoa. Can anyone please tell me some more about it. How is it used? I'm assuming the nutritional value is fine. Where can I get it? Recipes to use it in. Any information would be appreciated.

Thx, Becky

Replies

• Bethanygoinggreen
    Options
    I have seen it online at Vitacost, amazon, and a few other retailers. Locally you should be able to find it at the local health food store, like Whole Foods. I have not yet tried it, but i read you can mix it with a bit of water to PB consistency and use as PB or use dry in smoothies or baking.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Powdered peanut butter with the majority of the fat removed. Normal peanut butter = about 200 calories per 2T. PB2 is 45 calories for 2T. I think it's pretty good, both regular and chocolate. I eat it on toast or spread on an apple or banana, sometimes just on a spoon! It's not the same as normal peanut butter, but it's a great substitute for me considering the calorie difference.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am looking for it too... not at my walmart but I have heard it may be at Krogers
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    The closest store to me doesn't have it, but the one across town does (and they are the same chain). The cheapest place to get it is Amazon, and if you order enough you can get free shipping. It's worth it, it lasts for a long time and I use it a lot.
  • The__Deflator
    The__Deflator Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Any way to get this here in Europe without paying ridiculous amounts for shipping?
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Any way to get this here in Europe without paying ridiculous amounts for shipping?

Amazon, perhaps. I see it on the UK site, anyway.
  • MissKris14
    MissKris14 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Order it on Amazon, you can get free shipping :) It is seriously the greatest stuff ever!! It's in powder form so you mix it with water (or anything else you want) and you can make it as thick or diluted as you want. I love adding a little extra water to make it less thick and making a delicious peanut butter apple dipping sauce. I put it in everything! Protein shakes, yogurt, oatmeal...you name it. For peanut butter addicts like myself...it is an absolute must-have in your cupboard!
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    I mixed the chocolate one with Greek yogurt and a touch of maple syrup for dessert the other night. Yum.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    go to www.bellplantation.com and you can order it direct from them
  • anjeden
    anjeden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Kroger in the nutrition aisle.

I like to put it in Coconut Milk for a quick and easy way to acquire some morning fuel!
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find it anywhere here in Canada, so when I was down in Orlando I was ecstatic I found it at whole foods. My boyfriend thought I was nuts at how excited I got over powered peanut butter :blushing:

I enjoy it, I mix it up and dip apple slices in it.

I just picked it up last month, so I haven't gotten too adventurous with it yet, but so far so good! I am starting to imagine all the possibilities now.
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I hear the process they put the peanuts through actually takes out the majority of the nutrients that make peanut butter nutritious. Below is one blog I found on this issue. May not be worth the effort to search it out.

http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/
  • mtc5995
    mtc5995 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. It is helpful information.

Becky
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love PB2. I would order it on Amazon - fast and free shipping on Amazon Prime.
    The only downside is that they add a bit of sugar and it is reported to have trans fat.
  • GreyGal
    GreyGal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hear the process they put the peanuts through actually takes out the majority of the nutrients that make peanut butter nutritious. Below is one blog I found on this issue. May not be worth the effort to search it out.

http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/

If people are looking for an alternative to the high fat in regular peanut butter, they are getting no more toxins or anything in eating this substitute than if they had actual peanut butter. It is 45 calories, so it isn't a calorie rich food. Just something that you can use to make the flavor of something more tasty. I use it in my shakes and have tried in in yogurt. It has a pleasant flavor of you like peanut butter. For people looking to reduce their caloric intake, advice like "almond butter is better for you" is not helpful. There is always something that is "better for you" somehow.
    *steps off soapbox*
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I purchased my PB2 at Whole Foods. Since you don't get the heart healthy fats from PB2 I just use it as a low-cal flavor booster for my protein shakes. I make sure I still eat raw almonds and avocados to get my "good fats" for the day.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It's basically ground peanuts. You mix 2 Tbs of it with 2 Tbs of water... and you have peanut butter BUT for only 45 calories! I love both PB2 and PB2 cocoa in plain yogurt.... great with apples... on bread... in smoothies... I could go on!!
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The neighborhood King Soopers/Kroger in Denver CO has it stocked. It's a slightly larger store than their usual so they have a lot more organic, and high end foods. Love it!!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    cheapest way to get it is online....I like it. If you LOVE Peanut butter, you will taste the difference but its a good alternative.....
    google it....
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Its nice in chocolate protein shakes or oats, i don't much care for it, on its own!

Zara