Skechers Shape Ups

Options
tansyf
tansyf Posts: 66 Member
Hi all
Please can anyone tell me if they have tried the Skechers Shape ups or any other fitness shoe and what you you thought of them :) Thank you xxx

Replies

• princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have some fitflops which I bought about a month ago. If I wear them all day I can feel that my legs have worked well and I have to stretch out the muscles. And they are comfortable to walk on, better than normal flipflops. But I don't really know if they have done much good or whether its the exercise that does it!
  • peacock1234
    Options
    I've got several pairs of fitflops and absolutely love them. I've been using them for a few years now and tend to wear them instead of slippers when I'm doing jobs around the house. I don't really feel anything in my muscles anymore but they make a real difference to my back pain and they are so comfortable.

I haven't tried sketchers or any of the other fitness shoes that you can buy, but I'd be really interested to hear what people think of them. I think they're a lot cheaper than fitflops!
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have Sketchers Shape Ups and have been wearing them on dog walks and during workouts for the past few months. They are pretty funny looking, and everyone notices they are the butt shoes and ask if they are working. I can't be sure that my butt or legs look any better, but I do notice that when wearing the shoes, my butt feels harder than when barefoot. Also noteworthy, a time or two I have bit the pavement, and I blame my poor balance on the shoes. At first my Wii fit thought the shoes were helping my centre of balance overall, but my balance (barefoot) when playing games was way off for a long while. Now I think I am used to the shoes and am considering getting the rebok easytone ones, just incase they look better, or it helps to confuse the muscles by switching up the shoes. I suppose the idea is that everything is suddenly more difficult and all your muscles flex and tense up trying to adjust and stay balanced on the shoes. They come with a workout video, I failed to be motivated enough to try it.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    I've got fitflops and I'm not sure if they work, but what I do know is that they are SO comfortable that I have a pair in the house and wear them as slippers (do you call them slippers in the US?).

Anyway, I've also got Chung Shi trainers. They work, but I don't wear them much as I have a low in-step and find that my ankle rolls in a bit when I wear them. I also don't like the fact that they aren't leather.

My absolute favourites are MBT trainers. They REALLY work. You can get them online much cheaper than the shops - about half the price. Also, have a look on e-Bay.
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    I have the skechers shape ups and I cannot say that I feel any different when I wear them. They are very complicated to walk in also. I use to walk 4 miles a day in them, but the only thing I got out of them was a few bumps and bruises.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I bought the Tone Up Flip Flops and love them. I can feel them targeting muscles in the back of my leg. This is especially true the day after I do strength training in that area. They are comfy and I'm glad I finally bought them.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I bought the Skechers black with the straps so they look a bit dressing. After wearing them to work for two days, I definitely feel them toning my butt and back of my thighs! I hope they work to tighten my problem areas!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The shape-ups are designed so that you walk on them funny eg may move side to side and the purpose of them is so that you use your leg muscles to keep yourself balanced. As for if they work, my mum has a pair but rarely uses them and although i have tried i found them to be too weird to walk on so i just stick with my asic trainers.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair and wore them for the first time today. I wore them on my regular walk that I do on my lunch and don't really know that I noticed any difference in my leg muscles. Maybe my calf muscles a little. I think they are very comfortable (cushiony)and I didn't have any problems walking in them. I havealso heard some people say that they have helped their back pain.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of the sketchers as well and I have walked in them a few times. I'm not sure if I notice a huge different form my regular walking shoes but I will keep using them and find out. It doesn't hurt to use them and they are pretty comfy.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    If you want, buy them for comfort and nothing else. The research has been done and has definitively shown that the "toning" effects are nonexistent.
  • voluptuem
    Options
    I bought a pair of Reebok Easy tone runners just before Christmas and have been wearing them for my walks ( 3 times per week at 4 miles per walk). In just over 5 weeks I've noticed significant tightening in my butt and upper legs. I would definitely recommend them!
    Voluptuem
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    When I wear them I feel like I'm walking on a cloud! lol. They are so comfy compared to my boots with heels.