Need help

Options
I have an issue.
Im constantly thinking about food/dieting/exercising
i know im actually skinny. For some reason i always feel like a cow, even though i wear size 5, which is pretty small.
I dont know why i feel this way and i dont know how to stop it.
I was obsessed with weighing myself. Ive done better and havent weighed in several days but i used to weigh like ten times a day
i want to stop dieting but i cant
im horrified ill gain weight again.
Any advice?

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    My goodness. Just how tall are you? Just stay away from that scale, and don't focus so much on your weight. Get rid of the damn thing if you have to. Just put all your thoughts and energy into controlling what you eat and how much of it you eat, as well as getting in enough exercise every day. If you feel your clothes getting tighter, start tracking what you're eating and make the changes accordingly. Try standing in a mirror every day, instead of getting on the scale, and tell yourself that you're beautiful and that you're fine at the weight you're at.
  • scottclm
    scottclm Posts: 6
    Options
    i think it's hard for any of us to "see" what we really look like. from your pic i think you look great! i ONLY weigh myself once a week (every wednesday at about the same time). even when it's tempting, i just wait til wednesday. weighing yourself too much will most likely be discouraging. i have only started this website last week and i have lost 4 pounds! i am so excited but just think if i had weighed myself everyday. my weight would have been up and down and sometimes unchanged. watch what you eat, but make sure you come close to your calorie goals and exercise daily and drink PLENTY of water. you'll do fine!

someone once told me the best mirror is a friends' eyes. listen to what your true frinds are telling you and try to see yourself as they see you.
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    When I was younger I use to starve myself so that I did not look like a cow. I was wearing 16 in little girls when I was 22 years old and I had 3 children. I did not know how to control what I was feeling I had to go and get help with this. When I was pregnant I went from a size 0 to a size 5. I gained maybe 15 lbs with each pregnancy the doctors always explained what would happen to the baby if I did not gain the right amount of weight, but I was more worried about my figure than what the doctor had said it was not that I did not care about the baby I just could not imagine what I would look like with more weight on me. Now at 32 I am bigger than what I have ever been and I cannot stand to look in the mirror, all I see is a cow no matter what everyone tells me. Now I am going to counseling to help with this problem. I have been told I could have a body dysmorphic disorder maybe you should look this up and see if this fits what is going on with you. Wish you the best just take it one day at a time and if you need help ask.
  • angela0831
    angela0831 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. No matter how good I am doing on my diet and exercise I still feel fat :cry: . It doesn’t help me either that the people around me keep telling me I look fine already and I should stop obsessing over it. I don’t feel comfortable in my skin and thats something mental that I am working on. I try my best to not compare myself to other girls. I no longer look at clothes sizes. I shop for what fits me well and I feel good in. I try to avoid the scale too. I gain muscle very easy (thanks to my father's genes!) so im not your typical petite girl. My scale never goes down no matter how much I diet because of the muscle I gain. My best advice is to keep busy and keep your mind off of it as much as possible. If you have a bad eating day don’t dwell on it, try to make it up by eating better at your next meal. I constantly remind myself of how much better I feel now that I have lost some of the weight. Pictures tell a lot. I compare my old picture to some of the recent ones and I can tell a difference and it makes me feel better.

Last advice: do things that make you feel pretty :flowerforyou: : new hair cut, manicure, pedicures, facials, try new makeup, new outfit, and a new pair of sexy heels always make a girl feel pretty :blushing: ! Wish you the best of luck!
  • Chelsinicole63
    Chelsinicole63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone:) i feel better already
  • samuelk3
    samuelk3 Posts: 2
    Options
    You're doing a great job and you look fine from your pic profile! Just continue doing what you're doing and you'll break through=)