Set the record straight, how do you lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. Simple. As for lifting, it!0's important for maintaining LBM. Use it or lose it.
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about those nitpicking naysayers. For Pete's sake, if you are running and weight-lifting, you are going to look and feel GREAT! Throw away the scale, because you can't go wrong! Running will make you feel so strong and energetic and weight-lifting will make you love your shape! Prove them wrong and go for it. If we don't pick an exercise we're drawn to and enjoy, then we'll fail anyway. So you go right ahead and do what you want to do. It's a great plan. I recommend not just going by weight, but going by photos and measurements too. Trust me, dramatic changes can happen from working with weights that will not affect your weight, but will drastically affect your shape definition and fitness.

And remember: MFP is fool-proof, because you eat at a slight deficit. You'll lose If you just stay within your calorie limits, even if you are eating junk food and sitting on the couch all day. (I don't recommend that for overall health, of course, but it's to prove a point - you are going to lose if you follow your calorie limits, and any exercise is a wonderful help and does wonders for your health and your figure.) Go forth and succeed... YOUR WAY! :)
  • misskate1987
    Options
    As others have said, it really is about having a calorie deficit.

Do the exercise that you enjoy - if that's running, then run. If it's lifting then lift.

If like me you get bored easily, do a little bit of everything. You'll get there!
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It looks like you got some bad advice! Don't listen to them :) exercising is good for you, period!
    I know there is a school of thought out there that says cardio is a waste of time...and then the other moronic school of thought says strenght training is a waste of time... that is all pure bullcrap!

I loose weight by eating well, but within my calorie allowance, and by exercising. My favorite exercise is walking (or jogging) on treadmill.

Good luck lady, and don't listen to bad advice :)