Kashi Go Lean Crunch upsetting stomach?

Options
2»

Replies

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with yogurt instead of milk, and I find that I don't have the problem. Maybe that's why. I had a terrible time with the Fiber One bars, but maybe I'll try again and eat yogurt at the same time. I liked them.

It's a challenge to me to get my fiber numbers up.

No issues here..... I use Yogurt also!!! Not a milk guy. As Arnold would say "Milk is for babies, you gotta drink beer"
  • BLy82
    BLy82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with yogurt instead of milk, and I find that I don't have the problem. Maybe that's why. I had a terrible time with the Fiber One bars, but maybe I'll try again and eat yogurt at the same time. I liked them.

It's a challenge to me to get my fiber numbers up.

That's a possibility. I mentioned in my post that some people feel better if they take probiotics because that's the bacteria that's meant to be snacking on the chicory root extract in your intestines. The same stuff is in yogurt :)

(You probably don't need to have yogurt with it every time though... your body should build up a nice little permanent colony over time so that even when you don't have yogurt in a meal, the bacteria is there.)
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    Options
    I think I'm going to name my gut bacteria Whoville.
  • 6Petite
    6Petite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I just bought my first box! I should've read this first! The stuff is delicious!
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow, I bought the Kashi 7 grain flakes last week and my husband complained of stomach pains. I mixed 1/2 cup of the Kashi last night with a 1/2 cup of my All Bran flakes last night, and my stomach also hurt. I'm going to stick with my All Bran!!
  • unicornhug
    unicornhug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    probably all the fiber.... ! Stop eating it... or eat it less often....
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Freedom foods Crunchola does this to me, I thought that maybe I would get used to it but no, every time I eat in, I am in and out of the loo every few mins and the wind is crazy!!

I have given up eating it now, thing is, I don't know what to replace it with, I don't want a hot cereal just something I can splosh some milk over and munch!
  • macphisto23
    macphisto23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Like someone already mentioned, it is caused from the chicory root ingredient. I used to eat kashi cereals, but it gave me the worst gas. Very uncomfortable. I never had any stomach pain. I don't eat anything with the chicory ingredient anymore. btw - Kashi uses gmo's - and it is loaded with sugar
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I eat that kind of cereal every other day and usually with a sliced up banana. Maybe try a banana or something with it? That may help....
  • jlh29927
    Options
    It kills my stomach!
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    I cant eat it..it makes me bloated and terriably blocked up! shame as I love the taste..but I steer very clear of it!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Really, all those high level of carbs and sugar packed in that cereal? I wonder why it would give someone gas....shocker.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Kashi gave me the worst non-illness stomach cramps I've ever had. It just tore me up, and I usually have over 40 grams of fiber a day, so it wasn't because of not being used to fiber. I just stick to shredded wheat or oatmeal now.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    YES! It's so delicious but I just can't eat it. The pain is so bad. :(

Edited to say that my breakfast is usually one of these and I have no stomach issues with them:

oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, and stevia
    english muffin with PB
    egg sandwich made with 1 egg and 1 egg white and a slice of american cheese on an english muffin
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle kashi go lean crunch on my plain greek yogurt almost every day for breakfast. Have never had an issue.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It's the chicory root/inulin. That stuff is evil.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It's the chicory root/inulin. That stuff is evil.

^ This! ^

Not all Kashi .....not all Fiber One has inulin (or chikory root). Read labels......this form of fiber is notorious for "stomach" issues.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Its the GMO's.....get rid off it!