Introducing myself, looking for supportive friends :)

Options
I have been a member of myfitnesspal for a while now, I love it! but I haven't gotten too social in the forums I am looking for supportive buddies. Right now I am trying to recover from gallbladder surgery, trying to quit drinking as well as remove glucose and lactose from my diet. It is going to be an uphill battle, but I've realized that food is the medicine you take but may take for granted and I am looking to heal my body inside and out and eventually begin working out after being in chronic pain for months. I am a pretty positive and encouraging person, and looking for people with similar outlooks :) take care of yourselves fitpals :)

Replies

• kayleenmcgrath
    kayleenmcgrath Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you want :):)
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I hang around MFP daily and I'm around your age (26).

Btw, I had gallbladder surgery in Nov and I've removed almost all lactose from my diet as I have a bad lactose intolerance (thankfully we have a lot of lactose free products here in Finland).
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I too am on a get healthy mission following surgey. I had 2 pelvic masses removed, one June 2012 another nov 2012 and then jan 2013 I had to have part of my intestine removed due to abcess and rupture. I was on artificial nutrition for about a month and once I could start eating again I decided... NO MORE! I never wanted to relive those 6 months again...ever! So I am on a mission of health. So far I am 36 lb down but still have more to go.

You can so this!!!!

Jackie
  • BigAl_82
    BigAl_82 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi There. Good luck with your recovery and diet plans. Feel free to add me and I'll do my best to encourage on a regular basis :)
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! and good luck jackie! we can do this!
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :bigsmile:
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log and provide encouragement daily.